Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wobbly Fluttery Heart

Re: Wobbly Fluttery Heart

Hi Tracy
    Yep I get these too from time to time. Mine tend to last from just a couple of minutes to about an hour! I get ectopic beats really often, usually no more than 10 or so a minute, but these episodes you describe are really scary and make me cough a lot. I just try to relax and calm down and eventually they go. I went to hospital once but they'd calmed down by the time I seen someone, so I don't bother any more. Wish I knew what caused them.

Take care and don't worry

Hi Guys

Thanks to everyone for your replies, you are all fantastic. I feel alot better after posting here.

Everyone take care, we're all in this together.

Keep smiling
    luv Tracy

Hi to Everyone,
    Thankfully I’ve stumbled onto a part of the Web that i hope will bring me some comfort. And hopefully there are many kind people out there than can help put my topsy turvy world back into some kind of order. I have a long and frequent history of anxiety. With two episodes of atrial fibrillation, about 10 years ago.

Like most people here, I think I’m having quite frequent ectopic beats. It began about 10 days ago, and crops up during the day and night. Some days are relatively good with just a few episodes, and then there are other days when it with me many times during the day and night. The strange thing is, that they are far more apparent when I’m lying down on my side. I get a short flutter, just above my stomach/diaphragm followed by a 'pop' on the next pulse. It feels almost like one beat on top of another. It eases off if I’m lying on my back. It is also aggravated by eating.

Like a lot of people, I’d like to have some kind of reassurance. My GP just listened to my heart for a few seconds, found nothing, and told me to come back next week. Not exactly reassuring.
    I'd love to hear from other's who like me, live life on what feels like a nervous roller coaster.

Many Thanks
    Derek

Hi Derek, like all of the people on this thread your weird heart symptoms are 'normal' in as much as they are reacting to adrenaline. Sometimes you can feel it after eating because this involves the Vagus Nerve...know it? if you dont it starts at the base of the brain and runs down as far as your groin, but it loops around the heart on its way, and also runs through the stomach. So sometimes after you have eaten this huge nerve can be aggravated and the aggravation can be also felt in the heart, as either a flutter or missed beats.

I also get them more when i lay down, particularly on the left side, and this is also 'normal'. I have had these flutters and missed beats for most of my adult life and im now 55. Still having the tests, and latest one was in june and normal results as per usual.

Hope this helps a little..xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information