Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Black Friday

Black Friday

Altho it's a month away, I am just chompin at the bit for my Black Friday shopping experience!!!
    For those of you who don't have this WONDERFUL day let me tell you about it.
    The day after Thanksgiving in the US all the stores open early and have deals on lots of items.
    It's absolute chaos with lines that go on forever, people pushing and running around like their on fire, it's loud and frenzied and I wouldn't miss it for the world!!!
    Here is a couple of videos to get all the U.S. Black Friday shoppers in the mood and to let everyone else see what you are missing...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZJVZ2p223o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hoo8J3Y8zt4

I've already started my lists and still a month to wait!!!

Ok I know it's crazy for a 5' 4" woman with an anxiety disorder to LOVE chaos but this is my fav shopping day of the whole year! Plus I may be small but I'm bad a@@ !!!
    Now I'm off to find a countdown clock for my myspace page
    hehe
    xxx
    Sandy
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    Lao-Tze

Re: Black Friday

Omg Sandy that sounds like my worst nightmare not because of anxiety but because I HATE Shopping lol But you have fun and mark the days off on the calendar lol

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Oh this post just brought a bit of light to my day.lol. i know that day very well. my brother got me into it. showed me all the deals that were gonna happen. well let me tell ya we drove hour and a half to get to the place. (we got there at 2 in the morning). people had tents set up and the line went all the way around to the very back of the store. I stood in the freezing cold till 6:30. the whole time i'm just saying over and over what am i doing?! well let me tell ya what i was doing i was bound and determinded to get the $90 mp3 player for $25. i just gotta laugh remembering this. the doors open and everyones piling in and suddenly the rocky theme is playing in my head. . i hear people asking about where the mp3 players are and my heart starts racing. they shall not get my stuff! i race through the store as best i could through a fully packed store. and suddenly there they were being grabbed up left and right. i make a run for it the whole time screaming like a child.mine!mine!mine! and happily i got it. had to knock over a few people but hey alls fair in love and shopping.lol. But i did learn one lesson,if i ever do it again. Dress warmer and bring a chair.

Loved your story!!!
    I have learned several things over my years of BF shopping.....
    1) Never bring kids!
    I almost lost my daughter in a sea of mad shoppers the first year I went.
    2) Always wear an extra layer of clothes and tennis shoes. Lost a flip flop the second year I went!!!
    3) Never go alone! My eyeballs were floatin while standing in line the 3rd year I went!!!!
    4) If they push - you better push back!!!
    LOL

30 days and counting
    Lao-Tze

OMG Sandy .................
    Im having palps just watching the links haha
    Thats my worst nytmare I hate shopping ...oh all those people wahhhhhhh
    How do u cope having anx and doing that ....x

Hope u get sum gud bargains hun and wave at us if u ever on a youtube link LOL xxxxxxxxxx

Titch xxxxxxxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

God i nearly had to reach for my brown paper bag watching those clips.

Busy shops scare the b'jesus out of me. I wish they did because i would like nothing better than to stroll around the shops bargain hunting.

Get yourself some Arnica cream in-in advance gal as it's will be great for those bruised shins and toes.

Love Lisa
    xxxx

is this a real thing??? looks mad!!!

The anxiety doesn't bother me when I'm in the middle of it!
    I think it's a survival thing!!!
    haha

You know Lisa I've never had to much of a problem with bruises or anything but I'm sure I've given some out!
    LOL

Yep it's real

Not really sure why I love it so! Maybe it's some sort of primeval type blood lust that is ingrained in my subconscious somewhere!

Last year a girl got thrown into a glass window for cutting in line. Didn't break the window but I'll bet she doesn't cut again!
    Lao-Tze

Yes, I can also vouch it is true. I have only gone once and will never venture outside my house again on Black Friday, bargain or no bargain!!! At 5'2" (on a good day) you just get trampled. My Mom and sister keep the shopping blood lust going in our family !

Loved your stories.

Laura xxx

Enjoy and hope you get great deals. Stamp on the feet of the people who push into you!

Though sadly I'd hate it cos' I hate sales in shops - I like stock to be neatly laid out with lots of space and few customers around so I can shop at leisure.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information