Not sure if im posting this in the right place but hey ho!

Ok, so im worrying myself stupid here and would really appreciate some opinions on this. When i was pregnant i had to go into the maternity ward a few times with very light brown spotting. They eventually found that i had a cervical erosion and i was told to go for a smear 6 weeks after my daughter was born. So i went and the nurse said she couldn't see the erosion so it had probably dissapeared on its own. The results came back fine so i was happy.
2 years on we are trying for another baby and the morning after sex i started spotting, red blood but not very much. My period was due 3 days later so i assumed maybe it was coming early (which it never does!!) but the spotting carried on and my period ended up being a few days late.So had this spotting for a week on and off. I went to see my GP (day before period due) who took swabs and said that there was quite a bit of blood, she said she could see an erosion on my cervix and that it was bleeding when she touched it! The swabs came back normal..

I am really panicking now, do you think this could be anything major?? Bearing in mind i had a smear 2 years ago..im 22 years old. If the nurse is right why has the erosion come back after 2 years?? No bleeding or spotting at all since i had my daughter. Im getting myself in a state, especially after the nurse said she doesn't know if i can have a smear again because im under 25 and only had one 2 years ago!!!! Totally wrong attitude there me thinks!

Can anyone help to put my mind at rest? :( I am worrying about cervical cancer and it is taking over my life :(

Thanks guys hope this is in the right place!