Thread: Wanted to post a positive post!

Wanted to post a positive post!

Hi everyone,
    I haven't been on NMP much recently. Main reason being is that I am doing pretty well I thought I would do a wee positive update.

After my hospital stays over the summer, I have had some rocky times with allergic reactions to meds and my moods still wavering but finally, I seem to be levelling out and finally reaching some kind of stability. I still get rapid cycling highs and lows but they are mostly manageable. To be honest, the highs are pretty cool....I am happy as Larry and I rush around like a tornado and everything that needs done gets done super fast! LOL!

I have been declared by an occupational health doctor as unfit to continue in my present work role. While this, is in some ways sad as I have worked there for such a long time, it is a positive too. I have spent the last two years trying to continue in my work role but not managing. My work was definately a contributing trigger to further ill health. My employers now have to try to find me something more suitable within the organisation. I work for local government, so it is a pretty BIG place! Hopefully they should find me something!
    I am at present, still signed off sick from my work and will not be returning to any role, until next year, as anxiety is still a big factor, however, I am doing loads to try to combat it, or at the very least, live with it. I have been making myself go to different groups/classes in order to get over the social phobia that comes hand in hand with depression. It is sometimes really hard but the more I do it, the easier it becomes. I also have a new CPN, who is unbelievably supportive and has me referred here there and everywhere to anyone she feels can assist me to full recovery!

Thanks to everyone who has supported me on NMP and who would no doubt do so again if need be. Sorry I haven't been around as much. I should be coming in more often and giving some of that support back. I spend quite a bit of time on a bipolar forum, but I shouldn't be ignoring my old mates in favour of my new ones! To be honest, I am also trying to cut down the time I spend on the net, as I do frequent it rather a lot

I will be having a look round in a while, see how people are doing.

Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Re: Wanted to post a positive post!

Hiya ...

That thread is fantastic ........how good 2 hear someone gettin on and being happy .

I am so happy for you and hope you will stay on site so we can hear how you are doing .

Thanx
    Titchjd xxxxxxx

I am always looking outside myself for strength and confidence ,but it comes from within .It's there all the time x

Hi Happyone

Firstly, no need to apologise! It is so great to read that you are doing so well. You go girl I am so pleased for you. You've made such a lot of progress in the past few months and it is brilliant to read.

I'm so glad you are doing well

Hope they find you a suitable job but it is good that there is no pressure and your new CPN sounds fab!

Karen xx

Hi

Good to hear from you Happy. Also great to hear that you are doing good.

Maybe catch you over at the other Forum sometime and thanks again for all the advice you gave me in the past...... I too ended up in Hospital but like you i'm getting there now.

Love & Hugs
    PP
    xxxxxxxx

big hugs happyone do you ever here from quirky

Hi and thanks,

pink panic, sorry you ended up in hospital too but so glad to hear you are getting there.

Raphael, no I am not in contact with Quirky anymore. The last I heard of her though, she was doing great.
    Happyone
    xx

I've been through some terrible things in my life, some of which actually happened.
    —Mark Twain

Raphael

I heard from Quirky recently and she is doing fine. She is spending less time on the internet which seems to be helping her.

Karen xx

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Raphael

I heard from Quirky recently and she is doing fine. She is spending less time on the internet which seems to be helping her.

Karen xx
    Ditto!

Happyone as I said earlier 'nice one mate' .

Love Piglet

Happy

Great to hear you are doing well hun , was lovely to read your update .

Look after yourself and keep in touch.

Love and hugs

Andrea
    xxxxxx

Great news Happy

I too was in touch with Quirky until my email gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago.....still trying to sort it

Could someone pass on my best to her and explain the problem??

Glad all is well with you happy

Kaz x x x

Thread Information