Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: is anyone on trazodone??

KK77 is offline NMP Complaints Mismanagement Controller

Re: is anyone on trazodone??

Trazodone is a good alternative to SSRIs. Some people can't take the activating and stimulating side effects, and trazodone is an excellent sedative. But as Spastic said, you need higher dose for depression, though lower doses are good for anxiety and sleep. Problem l found though is that the sleep effect wears off after a few months, and l couldn't sleep at night whilst feeling tired during the day.

Luci-loo: I know you were saying you were gonna go back on citalopram after the duloxetine but l think your Doc made an excellent choice with the trazodone - you def have a doc that understands mental health...

Honestly I can't praise my doctor enough, she actually listens and thinks about what will help you as a person and not just pick something off a list. The reasoning for putting me on duloxetine in the first place is because it helps people with bladder issues also and she hoped I might get some relief from my incredibly weak and anxiety causing bladder issues.

Hi all
    i was perscribed trazadone over 4 years ago for anxiety and depression after many attempts at ssris which all failed.
    Started at 100mg and im now on 250mg at night which still work for me ,mainly helping me sleep and keeping anxiety at bay during day,no bad side effects like the ssris and the hazy feeling in morning goes after a few months.
    The one thing i always do is make sure ive had a snack before taking them as it makes u a hell of a dizzy if u dont and works better with some food in stomach.
    traz has worked for me and to anyone just starting them keep in there and give them a chance

My sister-in-law is a nurse and has been on trazadone a number of years. She says they are the kindest AD and has never had a single side effect.

Took my first one last night and feel not too bad today. No sickness headaches increased anxiety or anything.

I do feel very woozy but not bad woozy almost the way you get when mildly drunk and not really managing to get much done but its better than my 3am cooking sessions and yelling at everyone. Ordering a chippy tonight because I can't summon the energy too cook but pretty confident it will pass in time.

I'm on my third day now and feeling so much better than I was I am getting my appetite back slowly but surely and am sleeping so much better. I have had no panic that has overwhelmed me. Bit of an upset tummy but I can deal wiht that. What I have noticed todya is that I have terrible strain in my neck at the sides- I think I must have been clenching my teeth but I've not realised I've been doing it. Hope everyone else is ok

Hope it goes well for you Luci-loo. Trazodone is a good med - keep us posted...

Wasn't able to sleep last night very after taking the one tablets and was up for hours and hours and back to feeling "hyper" so think I'll up my tablets to 2 tonight because my angry head started to rear it's ugly head again last night. Not worried about upping the dose though so it's an improvement from I usually am.

I'm upping my dose today as well- I've been breaking my 150mg pills in half but today the anxiety has reared its ugly head so I am going to take a full dose. I have to say that for the last few days previous, I have felt 'normal' to the extent that I could easily have forgotten to take them at all, but knowing that I have that horrible anxious feelign has made me realise just what good these pills are doing me. I just hope I don't have to keep upping the dose I worry that I am makign myself worse though- my fears are my mail and phone calls. I've been opening my mail but today have had 2 calls from unknown numbers. If I could just answer them I'm sure I'd be fine, but as it is I can't get the nerve to, so now my head is filled with terrible thoughts about who it could be (the latest is that it's the police who will come and take me away ) which is making it much worse than it needs to be. Sods law says its someone trying to sell me double glazing

The maximum dose is 600mg, so yeh probably a good idea for you guys to up the dose. I found that it made me really dizzy and spacey if l took it during the day and my doc told me to take full dose before I went to bed (I think I was on about 250mg - it was a couple of years ago now).

I'm sure it is just the double glazing people calling you Veebea lol! All that stressing for nothing! Sure you'll be fine

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information