Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: is anyone on trazodone??

Re: is anyone on trazodone??

Still not taking my full 3 tablets but been almost busy with my nephews birthday and having to go to the shops for food as the internet was broken I didn't want to be too "spacey" and I managed to fall asleep in front of the tv last night and didn't take them. Plan is 2 tonight and 3 tomorrow with no excuses!!

I'm a little concerned about the sleeping side kept worrying that I'll wet the bed or won't get up if there is a fire because they knock me out but I think I'm just trying to find reasons (excuses) not to take the full amount which is silly as they have been working so far, just need a little push.

let me know how you get on im in the same situation thinking of taking 25 the first night then 50 for a couple then upping it as needed but so scared of side effects as i have three children to look after good luck and i hope it works for you!x

I've been on trazodone since 2004.

Whilst it has helped me through a rough patch, I'm now getting fed up of the side effects. I am mainly getting extreme tiredness during the day, especially the 4 or 5 hours after waking, and I'm also suffering with lots of lightheadedness. In addition, I've got a very dry mouth a lot of the time.

I want to gradually come off them, but my GP is useless. He will not change my prescription until he gets the say-so from my pscyhiatrist. But, I only see her every 3 months for a 5 minute appointment. How can they judge me on 5 minutes every 3 months?

So, I want to come offf the traz myself. But, the tablet I get is a capsule so I can't cut it in half.

I'm on 100mg.

Any thoughts?

Why dont you write to shrink and explain you want to come off them and could they change the script to a 50mg tab to start the process

Joy

I have to say I'm getting more and more side effects from Trazodone now I'm almost into my fourth week of taking them. I tried halving my dose for a couple of nights but I couldn't sleep at all so I think I am relying on them too much to get to sleep. Also I am getting terrible headache that I think might be a problem with my vision which I've never had before. While this is horrible, the trazodone has taken away my anxiety to the extent that I don't want to be without it I have my first counselling appointment on Monday so I'll bring it up then I guess

Hi Guys.

Started last week on 50 mgs four times a day. So far no problems. Not wanting to pre-empt things but thus far i feel much better. not had one anxiety attack since started. I dont feel tired at all in any part of the day, but i do feel more relaxed. i find myself able to sit and watch tv for the first time in a while, and just relax. my temper is also relaxed and i dont find myself getting worked up over things that in the past would have got me going.

I know its early days however thus far i'm pleased.

One little side effect is that my memory seems to have got worse, which is a pain, but trying to deal with it.

Trazodone does work, but I guess I'm having the extreme end of the side effects.

I can cope with dry mouth, headaches, etc.....but the tiredness and lightheadedness is ruining my day-to-day existence.

I'll write to my shrink.

I'm still only taking the 2 50g and should really be on 150g by now but terrified of not waking up in the event of a fire or needing to pee. I'm actually having panic attacks every night about taking them and really anxious the moment I climb into bed I have to get right back out and pee and again every 20 mins til I pass out around 5-7am even though I take my meds at 1am.

I'm really annoyed with myself about it though as it was working and I was starting to feel better but its the actual taking of the tablet that sending me up the wall and I know if I take it just once I'll be likely be OK but just can't work up the courage- I got as far as putting 3 in my mouth but I couldn't make myself swallow them and had to spit them out and just took the normal 2. I think I need to speak with my CBT therapist about it on Tuesday but she cancelled last week and not sure if she will still be coming on Tuesday or not, if I don't see her I'll make an appointment with the doc. I really want to keep taking it though as it's really helping it's just the whole "what if I don't wake up" feeling.

i am the same it is the actual taking of the tablet and the anxiety that acompanys it also i didn,t want to mix with the diazepam because of increased tiredness but have managed the day with only 2 mg and hoping to try the trazodone next week when half term starts so i dont have to worry about the morning,be careful luci loo as the going to the toilet sounds like the start of ocd so try to go the once and that is it incase it does develope and bcd go back to your doctor they are responsible for your prescription not anyone else he cant expect you to keep taking them if you are ready to come off them he should be happy to help reduce you gradually. x
    Last edited by lc2613; 16-10-09 at 12:04.

Quote Originally Posted by lc2613 View Post
    be careful luci loo as the going to the toilet sounds like the start of ocd
    I've had toilet issues for years, I have a really bad phobia of wetting myself and even just the first inklings of needing to go make me feel physically sick. Had a good long chat with my therapist about it on Tuesday and realised that if I can stay awake for hours after taking it the sedative is quite likely not as strong as I think it is. Going to ask my dr if I can stay on 100mg while I do my CBT as the whole point is doing things even though I'm anxious and the 100mg helps a lot but there is still a little anxiety and if I take the 150mg it might disappear completly only to resurface when I stop. It seems to be the one for me though even on 100 mg my anxiety is only about 2-3 out of 10 instead of constantly around 8-9 out of 10 and having next to no side effects.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information