Thread: Calm before the storm?

Calm before the storm?

Does anyone here view their good health as the calm before the storm? I feel like I´m always waiting for something to go wrong. Like I´m constantly looking for anything that could be different. And believe me, any single little change on my body I will notice it. Soemthing as small as a spot on my leg, and if my mind is racing thats it, I can´t get the spot out of my head. It is like I obsess about it. Don´t get me wrong most of the time that i don´t notice any changes I´m fine but sometimes it is like I´m waiting for something. then the inevitable happens, because of stress, something chagnges and I freak out. okay for examply, yesterday I went shopping in town with my mum and I felt a lump in my neck. at first I ignored it but the worry really started to pile up which made me panic. I just left my mum where she was and went home. I slept for an hour in the hope that when I woke up the worry would pass but when I woke up the worry was still there. For the whole day all i did was worry about it. then I woke up thismorning and the lump is goping down so I know it was nothing seriouse and feel so silly for worrying about it. but then if the lump returned I´d do the same thing. I´m just so fed up of the cycle. Does anyone else feel this way?
    thanks for reading, i know it don´t make much sense lol.
    Hugs Samm
    X

Re: Calm before the storm?

Yes, totally! I am actually healthy as an ox, and have very rarely had anything seriously wrong ever (touch wood!), apart from whooping cough when little. my parents smoke and drink like fish, but are still remarkably healthy, and so I should have relatively little to worry about. I'm reasonably fit, have stopped smoking, but do drink too much. yet, can't help worrying - going through a good patch at the moment, and been too busy and happy to fret about my health, but I'm sure the next episode isn't far away! I can see howe ridiculous it is, though...You're definitely not alone! Seeker

I know it sounds daft but I do worry why I'm not worrying
    It is such a stupid idea BUT not worrying feels odd!!!!!!
    There must be something that I should be worried about.

I too can "make a mountain out of a molehill" - worry myself stupid and then come to this site and find others worrying about the same things.
    What a viscious circle we have made for ourselves
    Best wishes
    at least we know we are not alone
    june

I had the same feelings for a long time too. It is nearing the anniversary of my breakdown and I worry that it will come back after I have fought so hard for it to go away. I fell over at work the other day from veritgo and panicked myself silly that here it is it is coming back. Of course I went to the doctor and found out that my ears are so blocked its a wonder I can hear at all. Which can cause vertigo and dizziness. But my first thought was, its back and I am doomed. I do have longer stretches of time where I dont worry as much. Maybe after a while it will go away all together. Who knows...One day at a time.

Fear and dizziness.
    do not seem to be able to escape either.
    Medics say I am OK and I do believe them (but there is always a BUT) and a "what if???"
    Best wishes
    june

Thankyou everyone for your replies, at least I know it is not just me.
    June, your reply sounds exactly like me. its like if your not worrying then it is because something serious is happening, and the ´but´or ´what if´is sooooo me. I just can´t help myself but askl those questions.

Thread Information