Thread: side affects of citalopram an prozac

side affects of citalopram an prozac

these tablets are mad they f**k with my head an ive only been on the crap for four days an i already want to do me self in but then again i was also on prozac has anyone had a combernation of the to these play havoc with my mind i have had some strange thoughts an i was hoping its not just me

This post has been automatically edited by the NMP post filter

Re: side affects of citalopram an prozac

It's not just you, I also tried Citalopram and it did the same to me. I haven't had both drugs at the same time, but on separate occasions and they both had the same effect. Go back to your doctor ASAP, the SSRIs don't agree with everyone. I wish you well with this, I know what hell it is.

Quote Originally Posted by BNCfan View Post
    It's not just you, I also tried Citalopram and it did the same to me. I haven't had both drugs at the same time, but on separate occasions and they both had the same effect. Go back to your doctor ASAP, the SSRIs don't agree with everyone. I wish you well with this, I know what hell it is.
    I took my first citalopram at 8pm last night and called nhs direct at 6am, they called an ambulance. This tablet had made me feel absolutely at deaths door and I've had no sleep.

This is the first SSRI that I've tried, I've tried prozac and seroxat (both one tablet) and the exact same thing happened.

Does anyone know of any other stuff that they can prescribe other than SSRI's, I cannot do them, I just can't. Especially as I am alone with my 7 year old. It's just hell

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi

I really think you should be on 1 medication not BOTH!! I am currently on 40mg of Citalopram per day and I can see a diference!

I had a horrid time still really anxious after 5 weeks on them and they have put them up today the first week is the worse though and they say then it calms down! I am really scarded to take a higher dose. But I am trying t get to feel better and I know the same thing happend on seroxat and then I was fine,

I have been on them for 3 months now and 40mg is helping me so much.

Sorry that you are suffering badly from Citalopram. I know from my own experience that they can have really nasty side effects, although I believe for many people they do work.
    As others have said I would suggest talking to your doctor asap and tell him how bad you are feeling.
    Remember you are not alone out there; we all know how tough it can be but you will get through it.
    Last edited by Boozy22; 05-11-08 at 11:45.

Hi and welcome to NMP Marty

I am also new to here and have found everybody so helpful, chatroom is good too xxx

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Thread Information