Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: migraines

migraines

just wanderd if anyone suffers with migraines and can nightmares bring them on as well as stress

Re: migraines

I do get migraines at times. Don't know much but i suppose if stress triggers them and having a nightmare can be very stressful, then it could be true.

I've also read that excessive dreaming or nightmares can stop you having proper restful sleep so if you're tired that will increase the risk of migraine.

thank you for reply

A neurologist once told me that stress management is a good idea if you're having migraines.

Hi

I have had some bad migraines in the past and I can say that I have often had prolonged stress or lack of sleep beforehand. I haven't associated nightmares with them, but I suppose it is a possibility, especially if you are having disturbed sleep.

Freaky

I have suffered from migraines for 30 years. I personally have many triggers such as certain foods, allergies, weather (rain or snow), hormones and stress. I must also say that lack of sleep has also brought on migraines and can't say if nightmares have as I do not recall most of my dreams or nightmares.

In my twenties I used to get most of my migraines on the weekends and my doctor contributed it to that when I would relax and somehow letting loose of the tension would bring on a migraine. Never made sense to me but that is what a certified Neurologist told me. It helps to keep a journal of what you eat, times you sleep, weather, etc., and then you might see a pattern of what brings on your migraines. Hope you feel better soon.

Laura

Hi hun

I have only had a few migraines in my life and ohhh boy, they were bad, the symptoms are horrible, I feel for myself, it was stress that brought mine on, not had one in along time, so I count my blessing, it must be sooo hard for people who suffer these all the time, my heart goes out to you all

Laura is sooo right, try keep a journal to see if you can see a patten, I know that stress can bring them on ,so yes, having a nightmare can be very stressfull and may bring on a migrain, just my opinion.

YOU TAKE CARE

LOVE JILLXXX

------------------------------------------

"Every thought you think changes your
    biochemistry.
    Your hormones are effected by your
    thoughts.
    Pay attention to stuff that bring you
    joy.
    Look for things that bring you a
    SMILE"

---------------------------------

Hi. I was hospitalised last week due to a migraine. I was in so much pain that I couldn't even open my eyes and I thought I was going to die. This was the worst migraine attack of my life. I get bad headaches almost daily, and suffer migraine regularly due to constant anxiety. A lot of it has to do with being so anxious that the back of my neck is usually very stiff and the muscles in my jaw and scalp are also very tense for most of thew time. I am also very sleep deprived which I know can make migraines far worse.

Amanda x

I've just started to deal with migranes and they are pretty terrible. The tendancy is hereditary and both my mother and father suffer. I get them from stress, but the other night I had a really bad dream and woke up with a migrane. I hate the medications for them. I know that the most popular in here in the United States is Imitrex (Sumatriptan Succinate), but I'm unable to take it for the side effects. It make you feel like you have so much tightness in your chest and shoulders and its hard to breathe sometimes. I went the hospital about it and they said that it was normal:(

thanks for all your replies guys

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information