Thread: Anything other than SSRI's?

Anything other than SSRI's?

I took my first citalopram at 8pm last night and called nhs direct at 6am, they called an ambulance. This tablet had made me feel absolutely at deaths door and I've had no sleep.

This is the first SSRI that I've tried, I've tried prozac and seroxat (both one tablet) and the exact same thing happened.

Does anyone know of any other stuff that they can prescribe other than SSRI's, I cannot do them, I just can't. Especially as I am alone with my 7 year old. It's just hell

Re: Anything other than SSRI's?

I had the same reaction to you, and it scared me so much, as i am on my own with 2 young kids awell.

Hi

I tried lots of sssris and cant tolerate them either then i tried clomipramine a trycyclic anti depressant and it has helped so much.Im a single parent too.

chloe x

Not a fan of SSRI myself. Though they lifted my mood i felt awful on them. Clomipramine worked better for me too.
    Rob

your find one thats works for you wish you better

Quote Originally Posted by chloe555 View Post
    Hi

I tried lots of sssris and cant tolerate them either then i tried clomipramine a trycyclic anti depressant and it has helped so much.Im a single parent too.

chloe x
    I work in the health field as an administrator and one of my academics suggested that it's the drugs with seratonin that aren't helping and that I should ask to try a trycyclic too.

How are you on it? What side effects have you experienced. Anything like with the ssri's?

It seems 3 of us here find it difficult because we are alone with our kids, it's the scariest thing.

Nothing like the ssri's I tried cipralex prozac sertraline and venlaflaxine and they were awful.I have been taking clomipramine for 3 years now at first with all anti ds they make you feel worse but no way as bad as the ssri's.I started on 20mg and now im on 10mg.I used to get a really dry mouth but thats gone now i also sweat but that not too bad either as im on the lowest dose.They have made me so much better.Hope if you try them they work for you.I take mine at night as they have a slight sedative effect.

chloe x

I wrote a thread yesterday about how completely awful I felt after taking just one tablet. The dr wants me to try again (can't) as the side effects will disappear after a couple of weeks, or try another SSRI but he had told me this was the best one with the least side effects. I think it is out of my system today but I have never felt so sick as i did yesterday coupled with no sleep (and I have never had trouble sleeping). I was a wreck. I can go to my full time job with anxiety, its busy so i'm distracted. I could not go to work yesterday. No way. And I didn't read the side effects before I took it as the dr told me not to. He just said will increase anxiety at first and some nausea. Ha! About 4 hours after taking it I had such a massive panic attack and became very hot, my skin felt so hot, I thought I was having an allergic reaction. My friend takes this med and it has saved her life and she never had ONE side effect, I guess no one knows how it will go until they try.

Thread Information