Thread: I desparately need some reassurace

I desparately need some reassurace

I put a post on yesterday cos I'm so worried about my throat but I'm even more worried today.
    I'm convincing myself (yet again) that I have throat/mouth cancer. I used to smoke but gave up 18 months ago .
    The back of my throat (either side of my uvula) is quite red. It doesn't really feel sore although I do have a bit of an ear ache. I think it's probably this colour all the time but I just happened to look at it in the mirrow when I was brushing my teeth and now I'm so scared that I can't even eat. Please, please could some of you have a look and see if your's is red in the same place as mine. I would be so greatful.

x

Re: I desparately need some reassurace

hi matey u not got throat cancer hun, mine is red and im sure thats the norm, because u keep thinking about this its making u think irrationally.
    there are loads of different cough and cold and bugs this time of year and me and my family have had loads and we never normally ill, so please focus on something positive and dont worryxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Vinny View Post
    I put a post on yesterday cos I'm so worried about my throat but I'm even more worried today.
    I'm convincing myself (yet again) that I have throat/mouth cancer. I used to smoke but gave up 18 months ago .
    The back of my throat (either side of my uvula) is quite red. It doesn't really feel sore although I do have a bit of an ear ache. I think it's probably this colour all the time but I just happened to look at it in the mirrow when I was brushing my teeth and now I'm so scared that I can't even eat. Please, please could some of you have a look and see if your's is red in the same place as mine. I would be so greatful.

x

I have just had another look at mine and it is just as red as I said it was yesterday now STOP WORRYING.

Hello Vinny,

My throat is red too, but not sore. For good measure have just looked at my husband's throat, and his is red too. Please don't worry - the colour of your throat is normal. Promise yourself not to look at it again - try to break the checking cylce - i know it is hard to do - but it will help reduce your anxiety level.

Thank you for your replies, it does help me so, so much. I just doubt/don't trust what other people say to me. Even now I'm worried that you haven;t looked in the same part of your throat as me!!! Mine's red on the soft pallet either side of my uvula (not down the back of my throat). Hope your's is the same.
    xxx

Red or pink are perfectly normal, healthy colours for the inside of your mouth. There is a bit of natural variation from person to person but pretty much everyone has a colour ranging from pale pink to deep red inside their mouths. If it's not lumpy and doesn't hurt then I'm sure you don't have anything to worry about. You could always go to the doctor (if you haven't already) to have it checked.

It seems to me that (in a classic HA way) your thoughts that are the problem here, not the colour of your tonsils/uvula. I would advise either a trip to the doctor or to try to stop the checking cycle - you'll just wind yourself up otherwise .

Thread Information