Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone

Hi Everyone,

My Name Is Trace And I Manage And DJ For An Internet Radio Station Called Digital Sounds Lincoln.

I Have Been A Suffer Of Agoraphobia And Panic Attack Disorder For 20 Years Now (But I Like To Class myself As A Recovering Agoraphobic).

I Now Reside In The UK But Spent Many Years Of My Childhood In Australia (I Am What Is Known As A Dual Citizen).

Like Many Here I Am Sure, I Have Both My Good Days And Bad.

I Have Been Searching A Long Time For A Site That Could Not Only Offer Me Guidance But Also A Buddy System.

I Believe Strongly You Have To Walk The Path Of Agoraphobia To Truely Understand It.

I Spent Many Years Learning New Skills After The Medical Profession (As I Feel Personally) Let Me Down.

I Did All This Is Search Of A Cure.

My Favorite Saying Is:

Life Isn't About Surviving The Storm, It's About Dancing In The Rain.

My Motto Is:

A Coward Dies A Thousand Deaths, A Hero Only One.

I Have Recently Been On A New Path Learning NLP (Neuro Linguistic Programming) LOA (Law Of Attraction) And The Secret.

I Believe Some Where In These 3 Ways Of Training The Mind Is The Cure To My Long Term Suffering.

I Look Forward To Meeting Many Of You Soon.

Thank You For Reading A Little About Me.

Have A Great Day.

Love Trace Xx

Re: Hi Everyone

hi trace i too suffer from agraphobia and am finding life really hard at the minute if you have any tips on how to manage agraphobia this would be a great help

Hi Guys,

Wow Tyvm For The Warm Welcome.

Please Find Below Some Of My Own Personal Coping Tips I Have Used Over The Years (I Hope One May Help).

Controlling Hyperventilating In A Panic Attack:
    Everyone Who Has Ever Had An Extreme Panic Attack Knows All To Well About Hyperventilating And The Nasty Sensations And Feelings That Go With It.
    This Happens When You Start To Breath To Fast And Too Swallow (Only Filling The Chest And Not Breathing Properly).
    When You Do This It Alters Chemistry In The Blood And Floods The Blood With To Much Oxygen.
    So By Taking The Paper Bag And Breathing With It You Then Start To Breath Back In Carbon Dioxide Which Balances Everything Out Again.

How To Do It:

Find Yourself Somewhere Quiet To Sit Down.
    Get Out Your Paper Bag (Has To be A Paper One).
    Remember To Breath Slowly In Through The Nose And Out Of The Mouth For 3 to 5 Minutes.
    Notice All The Nasty Sensations And Feelings Being Taken Away from You.
    When You feel OK Again, Put Your Paper Bag In A Safe And Easy To Reach Place.

The Lump In The Throat Feeling:

When I First Started On My Road With Panic Attacks I Used To Get A Sensation In My Throat, I Would Get A Feeling Of Tightness ( Like It Was Closing) And It Felt Like A Lump Was Suck In My Throat.
    I Found A Good Way To Help Pass This Sensation Off Was To Suck On A Extra Strong Mint Or As I Do Now A Soft Mint.
    By Sucking And Swallowing It Allows The Muscles In The Neck Caused By Stress To Relax And For Me Personally Also Took Away The Nausea That I Often Find Accompanies It.

That Dreaded Dizzy Feeling:

I Guess One Of The Worse Symptoms For Me Was If I Was Out And Had To Stand In A Line At The Checkout To Pay For Something And The Shop Was Busy And The Line Long, I Would Start To Go Dizzy As The Feeling Of Being Trapped Would Overwhelm Me And The Urge To Run Out Over Bearing.
    I Had Heard Of This Trick Fighter Pilots Use When They Are Pushing G Forces To Stop Them Blacking Out And It Really Works And Is So Easy To Do And The Best Part Is No One Knows You Are Even Doing It.
    Just Stand There And Wiggle Your Toes.
    You Can Never Pass Out While You Do This, Its So Easy To Do And The Best Bit Is No-One Can See Through Your Shoes.

Stay Safe And Well.

Love Trace XXxx

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi Pooh,

Tyvm For The Warm Welcome

Stay Safe and Well.
    Love Trace Xx

Talking Re: Hi Everyone

Tracey! hope you find the answers you need!

Good Luck!! ..... look forward to many posts!

Hi Marty,

Thanks you very much for your kind words.

((((Marty)))))

Love Trace XxXx

Hi and welcome to NMP

I am also new to here and have found everybody so helpful, chatroom is good too xxx

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Hi Sunshine and Emma,

Thanks very much guys for your kind words and warm welcomes.

I def be in the chatroom as soon as I am able (just waiting for the 5 day thing to be up, Lol).

Looking forward to chatting personally to everyone very soon.

Have A Great Day.

Stay Safe And Well.
    Love Trace Xx

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information