Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sharp shooting pain under left breast

Re: Sharp shooting pain under left breast

Hiya. I've had pains like this and it could be trapped wind - I've even had that right up to my shoulders. Take deep breaths, because the shallower your breathing the worse the pain can get. I try lying myself out flat and stretching. Also Andrews Salts are brilliant.

Jacqx--- YOU'RE BRILLIENT! God Bless you...

That sounds like exactly what I get. It gets worst with movement and breathing but eventually I gather enough courage to breathe and then it seems within 3-4 seconds it's gone...but those few seconds seem like forever.

Today all day I've been tense and on guard. My back muscles, chest muscles, abdominal muscles have been tense and sore and I dont even care because I know Im causing it. It feels like if I become un-tense the pain will return.

It truely does feel like trapped wind....like 2 weeks back I was sitting after dinner in a horrible position, with pressure on the right side of my abdomin and I got the same pain around my belly button and under my right rib and I thought my gallbladder/liver/appendix was about to explode and I would soon spew blood out of my mouth and die...

I got up, took a deep breath, burped and passed gas a few times and then it was gone....

That's a lot like the pain i feel under my left breast...I think this pain lasts for an even shorter amount of time...

I've been looking out for other symptoms...the day it happend I was nervous and felt impending doom...but I think that's mostly because I was anxious that day and had a lot on my mind. I don't feel out of breath, never get pains in my chest when I exercise.

I once had a few skipped heart beats and told my docs and he sighed and said my heart is fine. He checked my BP and then sent me for some blood tests as well as a lipid profile test and when the results were back he wsaid he was impressed with my cholesterols and BP and that my heart was "110%" which is why having this pain has really freaked me out.

Anyhow, thanks for all your help guys. Yesterday when I felt it after dinner, I managed to stay very calm, no impending doom fear, just a sort of worry like "whoa what is this".

But thank you all so much, you're angels!!!!

I'm 15 and I'm experiencing the exact same pain as you are, often for a few minutes. I have researched this a lot, and spoken to a doctor about it.

It could be something called a 'hiatal hernia' which is also often linked to people having GERD (Gastroesophageal reflux disease).

A hiatal hernia is basically when your stomach manages to bulge through an opening (tear or defect) in your diaphragm, up into your chest cavity. It then slides out later on, when in a better position (this is when the pain would usually end).

These are symptoms, usually associated with having either GERD or a hiatal hernia (which come hand in hand): -
    - belching, burping, reflux, nausea, ulcers, indigestion
    - difficulty with taking very deep abdominal breaths, shallow breathing
    - chest pains, heartburn, heart palpitations

HOWEVER, in most cases, there are little or no symptoms.

It is quite common amongst people aged 50 and over, and is generally not life threatening, so don't worry! You should bring this up with your GP at your next appointment.

Sharp shooting pain under left breast

Hey. My names Katie and I'm new here. I was just wondering, I'm also experincing these pains. I don't believe its my heart, since its right below my left breast towards my rib cage. Its a very sharp pain, and its been frequent lately. When I move, or it comes out of no where.

Opinions please?

I have had these "pains" (or at least noticed them) since I began having panic attacks 4 years ago and feel so relieved to know that others have experienced the same thing. I have always thought it was my heart like everyone else, and when I was admitted into the ER or docs office because of an attack (and received CBC's and EKG's...), the doctor would tell me that I was fine.

I stumbled upon this when I googled "sharp pain behind left breast". I read through the entire thread before realizing that the name of this site is "No More Panic". I am so happy I have found this place. Thanks again!

Quote Originally Posted by Shelber View Post
    Hi Yanksforever,
    i get this!!! its horrible, i've been getting it alot more frequently, like its happening now in like lil shocks!!
    I always think that its my heart, but my GP says my heart is fine, its just really annoying then i start getting paranoid & checking my pulse!!
    I feel like i go round in a circle with it!!!
    I'd go to the Doctors for a check up just for peace of mind, thats what i'm going to do again
    Good Luck
    xxx
    I have this exact problem but I have been to hospital
    And doctors so many times over the last 5 years they have finally told me
    That try can't diagnose anything and it might be a pain that I will have to
    Deal with :( which sucks !

---------- Post added at 16:02 ---------- Previous post was at 15:58 ----------

Everyday I have this shooting almost stitch likePain under my left breast it makes me
    Paranoid I have had this for about 5 years now I had a boob reduction to
    See whether it was the weight of my boobs but it seems like that weren't the case I go to the hospital on average about 10 times a year with this pain
    And they have finally told me that they cannot diagnose anything I have been put on numerous of ecg's (heart monitors) and they say my heart is fine , so I don't k ow what it is I have been told that I may have to just deal with the pain
    For the rest of my life this sucks :( I hate this pain I used to think I was having a heart attack which made things worse and I used I have panic attacks but now I know my heart is fine I am
    Not as bad anymore still don't know what it is but I know it sucks I feel your pain people xx

Thumbs up Re: Sharp shooting pain under left breast

I am in so much disbelief tonight as I came across this site and joined because what you are describing is what has been happening to me...I went to the doctor last week and they told me nothing is wrong...I have been having this pain under my left breast bone and soreness in my lung area it is as if somebody beat me during the night....Also, I have to lay down after it starts to hurt me from time to time. I can't understand what is going on as the doctors have stated that the symptoms do not match anything they know of....I know when I eat anything I panic because I think I am having a heart problem so after reading what you guys have written thanks I feel so much better wow this is an awesome post....

I started feeling bad about 3 months ago. I've been 2 the ER about 6 times and they tell me something different everytime. I called an ambulanc 2 months ago thinking I was havin a heart attack but was told it was anxiety attack & the pains were from pleurisy. This last month I've been having more chest pains. Ive had 2 ekgs done & evrythng coms bak normal. About 30 minutes ago I got a sudden sharp pain in what felt like my heart. I was using the restroom when it hit. After i thoght it was over I tried to push again and it came back. I don't knw what's goin on. My other symptoms r fatigue dizzines headaches and stomache pains. The dr.s dnt knw what's goin on or just dnt care. Not even my pcp. I just wana knw what's goin on.

I been having the same problem I don't think its just from sitting so long cause I exercise and do gymnastics but I still get pains under my left breast and it worsens everyday

Thank you so much for posting about Precordial Catch Syndrome! I am confident that it is what is going in with me. Out of the blue a sharp stabbing pain under my left breast will stop me in my tracks. I feel like I can't move/breathe at all because of the shooting pain. It lasts from 3-5 seconds. I happens anywhere from once every few months, to several times a day without warning. It's awful and has brought tears to my eyes a few times. The most recent "attack" was an hour ago an the first time I had the "bubble pop" sensation at the end. Thanks again for posting.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information