Thread: is it common?

is it common?

ever since i have been getting panic attacks which was3 years ago(when i was 18) i have never been able to go outside anywhere on my own, i just feel dizzy and faint and my eyes go all funny like everything is going to fast. are these feelings normal im most concerned about my eyes though, is it normal for a sufferer to get sensitive eyes, i even have to wear shades even if its not sunny. im not sure if im making sense here,lol. and is there anyone out there that has been through the not being able to go anywhere them selves and then got "better"? please tell me!!! i feel like im going mad half the time!!

dmcgovern

Hi, I get the same symptoms that you have, I would blame it all on anxiety!
    My eyes feel funny too. Like they are going crazy!
    I find that I am scrunching up my fore head alot also..

Yes so i would say that your eyes must be affected also!

Brandyxx

I was the same about 18 months ago. at one point, I didn't leave the house for 3 months!! when I started to go out again, I always needed to have my bfriend with me. I am a lot better now. I'm not 100% better but am getting there slowly. It is possible but it takes a lot of work. I now drive again, go out alone and even go on long journeys on train, etc. Keep working at it..

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Hi

I think that most people who suffer anxiety and stress have the same symptoms. I have to have sunglasses even in winter.

I sometimes feel like a bloomin idiot and I know people must stare at me and I feel even more conscious about it.

but all the symptoms your feeling are quite normal, I very rarely go out and if I do I have to have someone with me at all times.

I have been known to feel just as bad even when I am with someone so you are not alone there I promise you

The fastness is your thoughts racing through your mind, again this is also a normal reaction to panic and anxiety

Have you spoken to the doctor about your symptoms. I would advise you to go and speak to him or her

He might be able to give you something to help with your feelings and enable you to go out more

Take care and use this sight to its full potential it is a brilliant place to be.

Sue with five children xxx

scknight

Hi Denise

I've worn sunglasses winter and summer alike for years, even before my anxiety started - I think I just have sensitive eyes to light, like some people hate flourescent lights as it gives them migraine. I actually don't mind if anyone thinks that's weird - its my eyesight!

I do get out, albeit a bit limitedly, I'm only ok on my own on just the little streets around me at the mo but I'm working on it. You definately do get better, lots of people on here will tell you they have had bouts of staying in for allsorts of lengths of time and still got it sorted out.

Little baby steps at first till you get your confidence and just build on that.

Love Piglet

Perfectly normal.

Sometime this things happen because we are over breathing or we are filled with adrenaline.

I'm one of those people who couldn't even go out in the garden, now I've been from one end of the country to the other.
    So things do get better.

Love, light and Best wishes
    Liz xxx
    With hard work and determination and all the things you know.
    The world is there for you to take. There's nowhere you can't go.

[]Scatty Eccentric & 'Poet Laureate to panic and anxiety'

Thread Information