Thread: Worried about ECG

Worried about ECG

Hello

I had an ECG carried out yesterday at my medical practice to check out the cause of the palpitations/ectopics I've been experiencing since I first took a panic attack back in September.

I got a phone call from the receptionist at the practice this afternoon saying that the doctor wants to see me. I''ve made an appointment to see her next week (which is her earliest appointment) The receptionist didn't say what the reason was (probably isn't supposed to I expect) but I know that it must be connected to the ECG.

I'm not looking for any medical advice here - I know that I need to wait & see the GP (and I won't be loking up anything on Google, otherwise I'll end up scaring myself stiff!!). My hubby is working nightshift this week and I'm not able to talk to him - I don't want to worry him. Can't phone my Mum - she's got a special day out planned tomorrow with my Dad and I don't want to spoil it for them. My best friend is going through a severe crisis in her life & hasn't been in contact - not replying to my emails or texts, so I feel I need to let her have space. Sorry for the rant! I just need to sound off a bit. I'm at home looking after my two kids, trying to put a brave face on but it's a bit hard...

Re: Worried about ECG

aw I am sorry to hear you are having a bad time. Big hugs. pm me if you need to talk. xxxxxxxxxx

I had an ecg whilst I was on a certain medication. I had to come off the medication pronto as it was causing arythmia.

I thinkif the ECG showed up anything drastic you would have a much earlier appointment. Hope that eases your mind a bit.

Thank you both so much for your replies.

I managed to get time to talk with my hubby before he left for work tonight. Told him how I was feeling as I was finding it hard 'putting a face on'. He tried his best to reassure me. Hopefully I'll have a better idea of what's going on once I see my GP on Tuesday afternoon.

Baggie X

Hi maybe your dr wants to see you to tell you everything is normal.I had an ecg done in Jan by a nurse but their policy is that the dr has to check it even if it says normal.The dr came down to see me.I have complete sympathy with you and I bet tuesday is miles away to you.
    Hope you get good results and keep us posted!

Donna

Hiya Baggie.

If it was something major you would been seen alot quicker without doubt. I'm sure they wouldnt leave it for such along time if it was serious, they would litrally admit you to hospital straight away. I'm sure you will be fine, but i do understand your worries.

All the best

Ken

Hi Donna & Ken

Thanks for your supportive messages. Much appreciated. I'm trying to keep myself occupied this weekend to take my mind off things!

Will let you know how things go.

Baggie X

Hiya

Just an update. I saw my GP today. The ECG itself seemed to be fine. Not showing up anything major. It looks like the conductivity at the left side of my heart is showing up like 'an extra lead in the system'. GP just wants to rule anything else out so I'm going for a 24 hr tape in the next 4 -6 weeks. I was pretty anxious this morning, so I've had a few extra beats today (understandably). However, feel a bit better since I spoke with the doctor.

Also, GP looked back at blood results and it appears that I was anaemic earlier this year (I didn't know that) but now my bloods are fine. She did say palpitations could be related to having been anaemic.

Thanks to everyone who replied to my posts. It was a bit of a rotten weekend but you all helped me a lot.

Baggie

Glad to hear it's nothing major.

The best bit of my ECG was having a student nurse shave my chest...!

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    I had an ecg whilst I was on a certain medication. I had to come off the medication pronto as it was causing arythmia.

I thinkif the ECG showed up anything drastic you would have a much earlier appointment. Hope that eases your mind a bit.
    ive just has another one redone to check and this is prob my case too i really dont want to come off the venlafaxine though as ive been on it for nearly 2years but now on my highest dose, they did say it was a rare thing

Thread Information