Thread: working!

Thumbs down working!

i generally have extremly bad anxiety, so bad that i dont even want to go to work as i have really bad attacks when im there and all i do is cry and panic. so today i took the day off as i couldnt face going in, and said to my boss il have a chat as of why i was off today cos i said it was a personal problem, but i dont know how to explain to her how bad it really is, because if she hasnt had such bad anxiety before she wouldnt understand right? and just think i just wanted the day off and it was no excuse. i just need some advice on how to approach her and basically explain that its so bad its stopping me from living my life! without getting fired, anyone got any advice on what the best thing to say is?
    thanks!

Re: working!

Are you receiving any treatment for your anxiety? My suggestion would be to go to your Gp and explain what is going on and ask for a sick note for work and some help with your problems. Dont be afraid of telling your boss that you are suffering from stress, a good employer will offer you some help and support.

Jane

Re: working!

Quote Originally Posted by erialb1 View Post
    i generally have extremly bad anxiety, so bad that i dont even want to go to work as i have really bad attacks when im there and all i do is cry and panic. so today i took the day off as i couldnt face going in, and said to my boss il have a chat as of why i was off today cos i said it was a personal problem, but i dont know how to explain to her how bad it really is, because if she hasnt had such bad anxiety before she wouldnt understand right? and just think i just wanted the day off and it was no excuse. i just need some advice on how to approach her and basically explain that its so bad its stopping me from living my life! without getting fired, anyone got any advice on what the best thing to say is?
    thanks!
    Print out an anxiety page from the internet, go see your boss and give it to him/her to read when they have time.

Most adults will try to understand, and you never know, he/she might have suffered themselves. It' s very common and I know so many people who are suffering (or who have) since I've opened up to people and talked about it.

Thread Information