Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Panic on a Train

Wow Meg,

Quite an exciting career that must have been. I know after reading this, when I go out of the country in July 2004, I will be acting out all of these impulses. Just have to make sure I let my partner know to seal me in my seat!!! and not let me out till the flight is over. LOL............... I never want to sit by the door, though I would like the extra leg room, for fear that the pressure will build up at the door whilst I`m on the plane and suck me right out the door!!!!! Something I do not want to experience especially while being overly anxious. LOL............

Take care all,

Diana xxx

Hi all

I have to use the train everyday to get to work so theres no way I would be able to fear using the train. I think that the other day I just wasnt feeling the best from when I woke up and the stuffiness on the train etc definetly didnt help. Tonight I felt slightly anxious on the train, as where I was sitting I could feel every movement of the train and I felt it was going quite fast!!

Anyway, I survived another journey so thats pretty good.

Cheers everyone

sadie

can everyone here who might open the doors on a plane just let me know when and where they are going to fly![}]

Emily

Hiya Emily,

I would request the same, but I might be one of those people now after reading that post. LOL..........., but no worry I don`t intend to fly for awhile. LOL.........

Diana xxx

hello im new....its a struggle reading up on all the topics but i too have had an attack on the train. I travel to university everyday and although its only a 20min journey, its not what i would call the most comfortable 20mins in my day.

I find it better to sit in the ends of the coaches....in the vestebules (check spelling.) It feels better to be out of the way. This is why i like to sit at the back of buses.

Hiya swiftler,

Welcome aboard. I know when we are feeling anxious and or panicky it is hard to do certain things that bring these feelings on, but whatever you do, do not stop using the train or any other form of public transportation. This is the only means of overcoming this fear. Keep up the good work, be consistent. Keep posting to let us know how you are getting on.

Take care,

Diana xxx

thanks!...o havnt stopped using the train....in fact, the train home is my comfort point...it leaves me thinking that i only have 20mins until im in total comfort!

Good for you Swiftler. Keep reading all the different topics, you will find alot of help here. If you need any other help, just post someone is always here for you.

Take care,

Diana xxx

Hi Swiftler,

I need to use the train everyday and find I get quite anxious on the train..especially if its overcrowded, or i feel its going to fast. But as Diana says try and not avoid using the train as it just adds fuel to your fear. I always make sure i get on the train early so that I am not rushing and dont get a seat. I buy a magazine or read a book to take my mind off it or nod off for a quick snooze...If I feel really bad like I did just the other week, I just do some deep breathing and think some positive thoughts which always help.

Take care

sadie

Hi Sadie

Glad you are still "battling on" with the whole train thing! I know you haven't got much choice, but I'm still proud of you - the nearest I get to a train is watching Thomas when I go and see my friends kids!

Books are an ideal distraction. I've got millions of the things, and am running out of places to store them (I can re-read a book several times - one of the joys of having a rubbish memory I suppose!)

Take care

Charlie

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information