Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: something to keep me out of bed

something to keep me out of bed

Hello all,

I am needing something to keep me busy, (keep my mind busy mostly). I need a new hobby or activity to do indoors while the kids are at school. I need to keep busy as i get so bored when finished the housework and then have too much time to think. I need something positive and maybe useful to do with my time other than think about my symptoms, or wasting my life away in bed!

Has anyone got any ideas (remember it has to be indoors, for now anyway (agoraphibia! i am going trying to get outside for a few minutes a day)).

Thanks

Chelle xxx

Big hugs for everyone!

Re: something to keep me out of bed

Hi chelle - there are lots of things you could do. It kind of depends on what you are interested in and like doing. I find exercise helps a lot with anxiety. Perhaps learning yoga or pilates could be something to do? They are usually best learned from a teacher in the first instance, then you can practise on your own. But you might be able to find a good dvd or audio cd to start with.

What sort of things to you like to do? There are lots of arts and crafts things you could do, like knitting, card-making, embroidary, dress-making, patchwork etc. Or you could volunteer to do some charity work online or talk-board adminstration. Or enrol in an Open University course to further your education. There are loads of things... whatever you fancy, really! Good luck, let us know what you try out .

Thanks guys, some great ideas, excercise of some sort sounds a good 1, (dont get much of that lol) could get a dvd.

I dont really know what I like doin, i seem to have lost myself. Card making could be good coming up to christmas.

I am quite creative and like making things with the kids, i dont like the idea of making loads of stuff and having nothing to do with it. what do i do with it once i have made it?

I think i have a phobia of cluttering up the place! It needs to be something that has a use or be good enough to take to a charity shop ect...

Fussy arn't I, Think i will have a look at some card making stuff on net.

Thanks both

anymore ideas/suggestions very welcome

I know what you mean about needing a hobby to be useful, chelle, I'm the same. I like the idea of doing something crafty, like knitting, but 1) I'm impatient () and 2) it would have to be good enough for me to be able to do something with it, like give to friends and family. And I know that initially it wouldn't be good enough (for me, anyway). I really admire people who can do it well and have the patience to learn how.

I've made Christmas cards in the past, think I might do it again this year. It's creative and not too difficult, and useful.

How about a wii & a wii fit, expensive I know but you could ask for it as a xmas pressie. Then when you feeling a bit better to go outside of the house, I do Avon, it's great & you are never far from home. I just deliver to about 10 ladies on my street & I am about 2 mins away from home if I start panicking.

The card making is a good idea, I have just made 7 for the grandsons for Christmas and it really does make time fly by. You could sell your cards on e bay to recover your purchase costs.
    Also how about jigsaws, I do these too and you can buy either a jigsaw roll like I've got or a board that tidies the jigsaws away.
    I think the idea of doing Avon would be great for you when you can venture outside a bit, I like that idea myself.
    Best of luck with your new creative/exercise programme.

morning

morning all, sorry bout last post clicked post by accident.

thanks for ideas, i have got the kids a wii for christmas so will be able to use that when they are at school if they teach me how to do it lol!

im gonna try to go to hobby craft with my mom this afternoon , im gonna definatly give the christmas cards a go, and see what else takes my fancy while im there. xx

if anyone has any questions about starting Avon, please feel free to PM me.

The Wii fit is easy to use Chelle, its lots of fun too. You just stand on the board & you can do Yoga, areobics, muscle & balance workouts. Also, the Wii sports is fun too & gets you moving about, esp the Tennis one. The Wii fit costs about £70.

I used to make greeting cards and to be honest you can get cheaper stuff on ebay rather than hobbycraft if you want to start buying in bulk but hobbycraft is a great place to start & they have a wide selection. Ebay have a lot of online shops that sell greeting cards stuff & its cheaper.

Hiya chelle
    Ive taken up the card making and its the most wonderful relaxing thing ive ever done, it has helped with my anxiety, but beware it can get very addictive and rather expensive lol, the other thing thats helps me is baking cakes and cookies that keeps your mind busy and the last but not least thing is read a good book, hope these ideas help you
    Take care POLLY

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information