Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: citalopram to mirtazapine

Re: citalopram to mirtazapine

Quote Originally Posted by insecureme View Post
    my experience on this is similar to Felipe's (above).

I switched from 40 Citalopram to 45mg Mirtazapine about 2 years ago again because I was sleeping problems. My doc told me instead of taking citalopram in the morning I should take the Mirtazapine in the evening due to its sedative effect.

It worked at first, tho I did find myself waking up after midday. I was the advised to take it a bit earlier in the evening so the effects would wear off earlier in the morning if that makes sense, and that did improve things.

I had no unpleasaht side effects on switching, but have experienced weight gain. I have managed to get that under control and even lose some by exercising and healthy eating, tho I have recently had a relapse so am unable to do that now.

Good luck whatever the decision!

insecureme: are you still on Mirt? what dose? How's it working now? i am switching from Celexa...

do you get headaches? do they go away?

Hi Mark, as insecureme's post is quite old I don't know if they will see this post or not so I thought I'd just say 'hi'.

I switched from Citalopram to Mirtazapine last year without much in the way of side effects apart from the sedation which passed after a week or so. I ended up adding Venlafaxine so I'm now on a combination of both Mirt/Ven.

What dose are you switching from/to? Have you started yet?

Hope it goes well.

this post was really helpful especially about zaps!
    i was switched from duloxitine to mirt and for 6 days straight it feels like someone poking me with a taser constantly cant concentrate its awful as bad as 20 odd days sound im glad urs went eventually!

Hi I am Adam i don't know how's this works but here goes I am 35 I was in the army I suffered bad with depression and alcohol I used to take cit 40mg and came off them cold turkey thinking I was ok I wasn't really I met girl of dreams and wanted to change I stopped drinking and had health kick lost 2 and half stone currently I was month in and need to control my moods so went to docs and put back on cit 20mg well I was like a zombie so went back and put on 15mg Mirt my mood improves but not 100% I recently lost that girl due to moods so went back after two week trail and he upped my dose to 30mg I feel really bad today weak worthless hope this passes I just want to know is this just because of increased dose and will it get better as only day 3 on 30mg?? Thanks all of u in advance Adam X

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread Information