I'm struggling with acute anxiety and consequential depression and every time I wake up I feel I can't face climbing out of the pit again, because every time I go to sleep I wake up back in the pit. Life like this isn't life, it's simply existence. I've always had a phobia about dying - the initial symptom which set off my problems 55 years ago - but waking up and feeling like this is unbearable. It isn't just depression that hits me as I wake, it's the surge of adrenaline, which feels strong enough to fire a Saturn rocket into orbit, and then I'm on Planet Panic for up to 48 hours stuck between terror that I'm dying and thinking death has got to be better than this. I only get respite for about half an hour after each anxiety attack - they can last up to 48 hours - then I fall asleep for a couple of hours if I'm lucky and I'm woken up by the adrenaline rocket again. Anyone else experience anything like this. I've always been told that adrenaline cuts out after a few minutes. In that case I'm some kind of mutant?