Thread: Helicobacter Pylori or worse

Helicobacter Pylori or worse

I have just finished 2 week course of pills for HPylori. I was having awful acid reflux. I do feel better which is great, but every time I eat i get pain at about the entrance to my stomach or the between my boobs. I still burb after eating and still get slight burning am still takin two 20mg of omperparozole and waiting to be referred. I am terrified that this is just keeping it at bay and really it is cancer. I am falling of the edge of rational thinking, I can hardly look at my husband or children as I am so scared.

Has anyone else had Hpylori and it taken a while to settle. I am so sorry to bash on about this again. It is really getting me down now.

Re: Helicobacter Pylori or worse

Hi Jane, sorry to hear you are feeling so cra ppy again. Although i am only suffering from reflux not Helicobacter Pylori it does seem to be getting worse. I wake up at night in lots of pain as my throat is so heavy and intensly burning. This actually wakes me up and it terrifies me. I have all the old symptoms back as well such as constant throat clearing and that mucus feeling in the back of my throat. So it really sucks. Just out of interest have you had the camera down the throat thing?

xx

No not yet, have been referred waiting to get appt from hosp, am so scared almost dont want to know.

Hi Jannnne

Why so many nnnn? dodgy keyboard?

I had H. Pylori for years. since a teenager to my 30's without even knowing it.

I had had a couple of barium meals (almost tasted as bad as my mother-inaws cooking, but not quite) and all sorts of other tests.

In the end I went back to the docs because every night almost I had to wake in the wee small hours and down milk to stop the burning.

They finally found the virus and I had those cocktails of tablets for 2 weeks.

Now relax It cured me of Pylori, it was amazing, no more waking up downing milk each night, but, it did take a wee while for my stomach to settle. And I can remember getting all sorts of pains for a little while after.

If you are worried, pop along to your GP for re-assurance. But I wager all you have is an upset tummy for a little while (its a lot of pills in 2 weeks) and a wee bit of faulty thinking

Good luck

Jaco

Quote Originally Posted by jannnne View Post
    I have just finished 2 week course of pills for HPylori. I was having awful acid reflux. I do feel better which is great, but every time I eat i get pain at about the entrance to my stomach or the between my boobs. I still burb after eating and still get slight burning am still takin two 20mg of omperparozole and waiting to be referred. I am terrified that this is just keeping it at bay and really it is cancer. I am falling of the edge of rational thinking, I can hardly look at my husband or children as I am so scared.

Has anyone else had Hpylori and it taken a while to settle. I am so sorry to bash on about this again. It is really getting me down now.
    Yes I was diagnosed with it too a few weeks ago after a blood test tested positive. I was on those antibiotics beginning with M (but can't remember the name) and penincillin. I was only on them for a week though. I also worried myself silly that it was cancer as I felt that I had something sticking in my throat and heartburn most of the time too. I was also taking two omprazole (sp) a day too. It is nearly two weeks ago since I finished the antibiotics and now I seem to have bowel problems. which might be IBS but I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by tashbarnes87 View Post
    Hi Jane, sorry to hear you are feeling so cra ppy again. Although i am only suffering from reflux not Helicobacter Pylori it does seem to be getting worse. I wake up at night in lots of pain as my throat is so heavy and intensly burning. This actually wakes me up and it terrifies me. I have all the old symptoms back as well such as constant throat clearing and that mucus feeling in the back of my throat. So it really sucks. Just out of interest have you had the camera down the throat thing?

xx
    Did your doctor do a bloodtest for Helicobacter because I didn't have it as bad as you have and I tested positive for it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaco45er View Post
    Hi Jannnne

Why so many nnnn? dodgy keyboard?

I had H. Pylori for years. since a teenager to my 30's without even knowing it.

I had had a couple of barium meals (almost tasted as bad as my mother-inaws cooking, but not quite) and all sorts of other tests.

In the end I went back to the docs because every night almost I had to wake in the wee small hours and down milk to stop the burning.

They finally found the virus and I had those cocktails of tablets for 2 weeks.

Now relax It cured me of Pylori, it was amazing, no more waking up downing milk each night, but, it did take a wee while for my stomach to settle. And I can remember getting all sorts of pains for a little while after.

If you are worried, pop along to your GP for re-assurance. But I wager all you have is an upset tummy for a little while (its a lot of pills in 2 weeks) and a wee bit of faulty thinking

Good luck

Jaco

Is it usual to have a bit of an upset stomach even after you have been off the antibiotics for nearly two weeks? I started having stomach problems on Saturday night so wondering whether this could still be the antibiotics that have caused this.

Hello, yes I had H Pylori 5 years ago but with different symptoms and it took a few months to settle after pills. They have not tested again as they said almost 80% of people with ulcers have the virus and to take the pills anyway while I wait for the referral appt to come through. The pills have made it better but I just keep thinking what if I have had it for the last 5 years too and not noticed it is linked to a greater risk of stomach cancer.

That's me screwed then, I had it for 15 years

Thread Information