Thread: Citalopram - 2 weeks in, feel much better but relapse last night.. normal?

Citalopram - 2 weeks in, feel much better but relapse last night.. normal?

Hi all

I am my 15th day of citalopram 20mg and the first week was horrendous for side affects. The second week was great and I went back to work but last night I had another kind of panic attack in the night and felt again the same as I did when I first started taking the tablets - hot and cold rushes through my body, anxious, tummy turning over, wet feet and hands and generally awful. I thought I had got through all this... has anyone else experienced similar?

Thanks

Loolabubble x

Re: Citalopram - 2 weeks in, feel much better but relapse last night.. normal?

Hi Loola,yes I Felt The Same And More.my Side Effects Lasted For 3weeks Then I Had Afew Good Days Then The Odd Bad One.ive Been On Them For 5 Weeks Now But Have To Increase My Dose This Week As My Waking Anxiety Is As Bad As It Was Before I Started Taking The Tabs.they Say It Takes 3-4 Weeks Before You Feel The Benefits, So Hopefully Will Settle Soon For You,take Care Sue

Thanks Sue, that's really helpful.
    I hope you are having a good day
    Loola x

Hi Lou

There are ups and downs when you first start on citalopram but dont worry these go away. You should feel OK soon. Hang in there.

Regards

Andy

Thanks Andy )
    x

Thread Information