Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone have a dog?

Does anyone have a dog?

Hello everyone, all going well here with the CBT, just after some advice re my puppy.

My 11 week old puppy was wormed friday and had very large worms in his poo which he did in the garden on saturday and has had a few poo;s on the floor with tiny worms in since. All clear now though.

I am very hygenic and with having 3 kids I make them wash their hands before eating. I am mopping my floors daily and cleaning up any mess straight away.

I posted on another forum for worm advice and a lady who is a vet mentioned that these worms cannot be caught but the eggs can be ingested and can cause serious problems such as getting into the blood stream and spreading to liver, brain etc... She called it larval migrans ??she did say its rare that this happens but now im worried sick what if one of the children have ingested the eggs, if the dog has had worms inside him for 2 weeks (how long weve had him)

Can anyone reassure me? worried for my children.

Re: Does anyone have a dog?

Don't worry, I grew up with dogs as did my children and they were OK.

Most puppies have worms and unless your children were in the pups bum area and then put their hands in their mouth I should think they would be OK.

And if they did get them they can be treated. As I said before don't worry.

My kiddies were treated for threadworms recently, in the last 3 weeks as my daughter caught them from her friend.

I was just worried about what that lady said to me and I have been keeping our puppy in the back room every since, lol!

Quote Originally Posted by Libby View Post

My kiddies were treated for threadworms recently, in the last 3 weeks as my daughter caught them from her friend.

I was just worried about what that lady said to me and I have been keeping our puppy in the back room every since, lol!
    As kids I am sure we ate and handled all sorts of yucky things and touch wood we're still here.

I have lived with dogs all my life and this has never happened, plus you are cleaning up ater the pup and getting everyone to wash their hands to so the chances of your children catching them are tiny. And even if they did the chances they would get into the blood stream are even less likely!

Don't worry about what the lady said to you, instead enjoy being with your new puppy until it starts chewing up all the furniture :-D

As has been said - worms are quite common in puppies, so nothing to worry too much about.

Just make sure you keep the dog regularly wormed (worming tablets every 6 months), pick up the dog-mess from the garden every day (rubber-gloves & plastic bags), mop the kitchen floor with disinfectant, and always make sure everyone washes hands before eating (scrub under fingernails), and discourage kids from biting their fingernails.

The opinions stated above are the personal opinions of the writer, and not intended to offend or denigrate any opinions held by anyone else.

I think it's kinda funny, I think it's kinda sad,
    The dreams in which I'm dying are the best I've ever had.

As long as no one actually touched the poo with the worms in ,, you can't catch anything..
    It usually happens on Parks and public places, when children mess around on the grass and get dog poo on their hands and then rub their eyes. I am sure your kids did not get dog poo on their hands !!!!

and cuddle ur puppy, its so good for anx xxxx

Hello Libby,

I have grown up with dogs, and have owned dogs for years. We haven't had any serious problems with worms. I have found a brilliant all natural wormer, which has won an award - called Vermex - look it up on the net. You can either give it to your dog every day in a treat form, which mine love or in liquid form once a month for two days i think. It is made from herbs, and keeps them worm free without having to use chemicals. This method might make you feel more comfortable.

Thanks everyone, I do feel more reassured after your replies.

He was wormed friday and his poo's now are worm free, does that mean he is worm free?poor thing is being kept out of our way at the moment because I am worried about the eggs.

So are they tape worms? I am worried sick we might catch them, yuk yuk. I felt so sick when I saw them in his poo, ekkkkkkkkk.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information