Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine side effects - a message of hope

Re: Fluoxetine side effects - a message of hope

Thank you and I hope it goes well for you too. My attitude might sound good, but trust me, I do my fair share of freaking out Just remember that logic is our friend. Everything we're experiencing is listed as a side effect of the meds we're on. You don't have cancer or a brain tumor, you have side effects and anxiety. And anxiety is a big fat liar. Yesterday, my legs were really shaky and my first thought was "Oh god, I'm going to be paralysed!" I spent about 10 minutes picturing my life in a wheelchair before I realised I was doing this whilst pacing up and down the living room on my perfectly working legs
    I bet you anything in a few months time we'll both be posting here about our success stories and giving hope to other people going through the same thing. Hang in there, you can do it!

Thanks,you are so positive about things which gives us all strength to beat all of this.My problems started when I felt tired all of the time and couldn't muster the strength to walk,it was really weird,when it was pointed out the I was stressed and depressed I just didn't believe it? I keep saying that it can't be serious as I am now far stronger that I was previously? Does anyone stuffer with strange dreams and feeling sick particularly after 5am?

Had nausea in the morning and after eating for a good few weeks after starting the fluox. As for dreams, I dream nearly every night n they are proper random lol. I'm 17 weeks tomorrow n I went back to work today, it went really well n I only felt slightly anxious at times. So I guess I'm a good advert for fluox x x

It will get better guys, it is really hard some days but you will get there. at least you know that it is the fluxotiene increasing your anxiety, I did not know that until i found this forum at just over four weeks and it was such a relief to know it was normal to feel like I was.

Like Super I am a good advert.

Glad work went well Super, it is normal to feel anxious at times but it will get easier each day, and it is another huge step you have taken.

xx

Quote Originally Posted by Rosablup View Post
    Thanks,you are so positive about things which gives us all strength to beat all of this.My problems started when I felt tired all of the time and couldn't muster the strength to walk,it was really weird,when it was pointed out the I was stressed and depressed I just didn't believe it? I keep saying that it can't be serious as I am now far stronger that I was previously? Does anyone stuffer with strange dreams and feeling sick particularly after 5am?
    You'd be amazed how drained anxiety can leave you. I was convinced for a while I had ME or something similar because I had days I could barely move. I've been tested for everything under the sun, even though the doc kept trying to tell me I was feeling like this because of anxiety and depression. Every single test came back negative. Living with so much adrenaline and such a busy brain can really take it out of you. It's perfectly normal that you felt like that.
    Strange dreams happen all the time, and on the Fluox, they are SO vivid, like I can remember every single detail of them.

A big part of anxiety is the feeling that you're going through something really out there that nobody else can understand. But the truth is, everyone here understands and what's happening to you is a symptom of an illness, just like sneezing is a symptom of a cold.

I find yoga really helpful. It's gentle enough to do while I'm feeling like this and it really relaxes me. There are plenty of free yoga vids on Youtube.

Last night I felt really happy for about 3 hours before I went to bed. Just positive and cheery. It was awesome. I'm exhausted and flu-ey feeling today, but we know there are ups and downs. Getting those 3 hours means something is working. And reading the positive posts here is such a massive help. You are all amazing for taking the time to reassure the rest of us.

I'm on day 9 .... I'm either anxious or freezing or I have an upset stomach or my jaw is tight or ALL of the above! I'm seriously thinking about coming off them! I'm getting anxiety over things that would never have bothered me before ... advice please?

Rag all this is normal don't give up, I am not saying it is easy because I went through hell but it is worth it in the end. try and tell yourself that it is the drugs working on your body and just take it one step at a time, you will find that the side effects change and you will have bad days and some better days. I thought I would never feel like me again but i did and I do, it just takes a while for this drug to really get into your system and start working. My anxiety went sky high for a lot of days.

There is help on here and we will help you through if you need it.

xx

I agree with Janine,keep going with it as it will get better as I've found out and yes you do have some bad times but most of the time it's better

Sorry guys but I've had ENOUGH!! thats it for me, no more. I've gone from having anxiety on and off with depression on and off to a complete mind mess! I've spent the last week a nervous reck who won't leave his bedroom. I was the same after trying Citalopram. My body works much better with a holistic approach and therapy. Although I do find Beta Blockers help me.
    Good bye Fluoxetine

Good luck, RAG. I could tell you to try to stick it out for longer because it will get better, but you have to do what you feel is right for you. I've found CBT to be helpful in the past, so maybe you could give that a go if you haven't already. There are plenty of ways to beat this thing, it's just a case of finding the one that works for you.

---------- Post added at 13:51 ---------- Previous post was at 13:22 ----------

Btw, sorry to double post but I just have to share a couple of small successes. The side effects have been so bad, I've not left the house in nearly a week (I'm agoraphobic anyway, so this does happen with me). But yesterday a friend came to visit and we hung out for 3 hours and I really enjoyed it. Then today, I went out for a walk. Not far, but it was huge for me. Then I spent some time with my mum and we were just talking and laughing when she burst into tears. I asked her what was wrong and she said "These are happy tears. You've been smiling and joking all morning and I feel like I'm getting my daughter back at long last". It means a lot to know the people who know you best can see positive changes.

Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread Information