Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine side effects - a message of hope

Re: Fluoxetine side effects - a message of hope

There is no way I could cope with any of the side effects described on this thread. Not even to emerge 'on the other side' as a lot of people seem to have done.
    I couldn't work, I couldn't live.
    I need to do both.
    That's why I made the decision not to take Fluoxetine when I was diagnosed as mildly depressed at the beginning of September.
    Do I feel any different? I don't really know.
    There are still good days and bad days.

cant cope with the side effect at all guys I feel terrible restless legs headaches cant eat and haven't for days now and full of fear only been on them 6 days

Rapid heart beat caused by prozac , throat feels weird , left side of my tongue feels weird , I just feel different , this is my first day and along with prozac I'm taking xanax and Neurorubina Forte.
    Can anyone tell me whats going on ? :'( i feel like crying and scared
    Should i stop ?

Quote Originally Posted by strangedays View Post
    Hi all. First ever post on anything like this .Been on 20mg of Fluoxetine for 3 weeks exactly and just want to give some details of what I have experienced to date.Take the pill first thing in the morning after I force down some breakfast and continue to feel rubbish until late afternoon when things do improve.My appetite returns in a fashion at around 6pm and from then until bedtime (about11pm) I feel not bad at all.Also try to get out walking in the evening which does no harm. Sleep pattern has altered quite a bit. Wake up about 2am feeling great ,wake again at 5am and so so but by 7am bang the clouds are back and the day starts all over again.
    On the up side I decided to stop drinking alcohol and coffee and have not missed either.
    It has been good reading other peoples posts and it has given me the encouragement to give the medication time to work.With the help of my wife and family I know I will get through this bad spell .Stick in everyone.....there is a good day coming!
    Hi Strangedays I am feeling like this after 2 weeks on Fluoxetine. I tried to go back to work yesterday but it was no good I have now got 2 more weeks off work. i really hope it gets better.

It will get better! At this moment in time you're all dealing with negativity, you have to say to yourself 'it will get better, yes, it's a rubbish time right now, but it's not going to last forever'. Most of you will be going through heightened anxiety and panic attacks as you've probably read the medicine fact sheet and it's frightened you. But stick at it and you will come through the other side.

Hi,
    happy (sic!) to read that there are others fighting with Fluoxetine to kick in. Myself is on the 16 th day. I´ve all the possible side effects - panic attacks, reslessness, tremor, blurred vision, pulpitation, dizzinness, concentration difficulties, unreal feelings and suicidal thoughts. I take 20 mg Oxazepam to put me through the nightmare as well as Mirtazapine and Nitrazepam to put me to sleep. I just sit att home att my computer and read everything about Fluoxetine and other similar meds. And I just want the day to come to the end so I can survive one more day with Fluo in my body and my brain.

hi, and may I say thankyou you have given me some hope I have been on fluoxetine 20mg for 5 weeks now and the side effects have been awful ,I have been troubled with depression on and off for 20 years but this is the second time taking fluoxetine ,last time I was great on it but this time up to now has been hell ,just to hear I am not the only one and the side effects should disappear makes it a little easier ,the only question I have is how long should it take before I start to feel a bit better is 5 weeks still early in the grand scheme of things I really want to believe that I will start to recover even if its slowly , my doctor just says to give it time easy to say but not easy to do when you feel rough . Just to read other peoples threads makes me know I am not alone and there are people going through this as well and they do improve with time ,

Just wanted to add my little bit to this. Been reading through the stories and they are very comforting for people going through the Fluoxetine roller coaster.

About two years ago I suffered from BAD Health anxiety and fluoxetine got me though it. Horrible side effects for around 2 weeks, then another 2 weeks after my dose was doubled to 40mg but I got my life back! I've been taking a lower dose ever since(20mg).

On the 3rd of march my wife and I had our first baby and my anxiety hit me so hard...I hit rock bottom the day after and just couldn't cope with the massive life changing event. I since visited my GP and gone back up to 40mg a day which knocked me for six, and made me feel horrible...weight loss, sickness, increased depression and anxiety... One day off 3 weeks into the increased dose I am feeling much more human and starting to actually enjoy the experience of being a dad and not let my imagination/anxiety run riot.

In short, these tablets have helped me greatly in the past and would urge people to stick with them! Hopefully they keep improving my mood this time too, and mixed with CBT Im confident I'm going to change my life!

Much love x

hi, just a quick update as to how I am getting on with fluoxetine , I am now into my 9th week and things seem to be getting back to normal , the awful side effects have almost gone and my head feel clear and I can now think rationally about things , When I was a couple of weeks in I thought I couldn't cope on the medication but with the help and emails from people on this site and talking to my family I did get through and now I can see good times ahead ,Thanks to everyone xx

Quote Originally Posted by theablac View Post
    hi, just a quick update as to how I am getting on with fluoxetine , I am now into my 9th week and things seem to be getting back to normal , the awful side effects have almost gone and my head feel clear and I can now think rationally about things , When I was a couple of weeks in I thought I couldn't cope on the medication but with the help and emails from people on this site and talking to my family I did get through and now I can see good times ahead ,Thanks to everyone xx
    Really good to hear another person working with this medication.

Page 27 of 37 FirstFirst ... 172526272829 ... LastLast

Thread Information