Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Fluoxetine side effects - a message of hope

Re: Fluoxetine side effects - a message of hope

Hi everyone , I just wanted to say how this site has really helped. its a shame my Dr coudnt of at least warned me of how these fluoxetine tablets were going to make me feel.
    I am on day 12 of 20mg. I had a nasty fall and was knocked unconsious back in May, been diagnosed with Post Concusion Syndome and Dr put me on Fluoxetine. The anxiety is awful, going out on my own is a nightmare. Luckily the dr put me off work. They really make you feel weird dont they. Out of worry one night I googled for side effects as the tablets had no leaflet with them. I stumbled on this website, thank god I am not alone in all this. Thanks to all of you, and good luck in the coming weeks, lets hope we all start feeling better soon . x

Hi, now I have been on 10 mg fluoxetine for 5 weeks now, and I have been gradually feeling slightly better after the first two terrible weeks. But today I was hit by a sudden and intense depression that lasted for more than an hour, I just went to bed and felt desperately low. My doctor has told me that 10 mg probably is enough, but I wonder if my dosage is to low or I may be on the wrong medication. Please give me some encouragement, i really thought I was getting better, but now I am so low....

Hi first time on this forum nice to see all the posative messages i started taking fluoxetine 6 days ago and the side effects are terreable so far i feel like iam getting worse. Unable to go to work today headache,can't sleep,restlessness ,agitated etc etc when will they start to get better

Hi guys
    First time poster here - am taking Fluoxetine (20mg) prescribed to me by my doctor for supposed Chronic Fatigue - although after a lot of work with a therapist it seems more and more likely it is my perpetual state of anxiety which may be causing my physical symptoms.

I'm on Day 8 of taking it, initially just felt a bit woozy but have found the initial side affects to be pretty damn full on at times. Getting the dry mouth, occasional itching on my back, increased sensitivity to things in general and weakness but also last night had a really disturbed night's sleep, sweating loads almost like those dreams you have when you get flu!

I've found it really helpful to keep a journal of how I'm feeling each day, every few hours I write down how I'm feeling to keep track of my progress - also it's a little boost as you chalk each day off!

Am going to speak to my doctor today to discuss - I hope this is all worth it

I have just started taking Fluxetine 20 mg prescribed by my doctor. It is day 10. I have been feeling ok lately and to be honest I dont know if its the drug as its aerly from what I have read. I am getting really stressed as I am sweating so much and not at night. As soon as I do the slightest bit of physical work I sweat buckets. Will this pass? I cannot keep taking this if it wont stop as even my work collegues must be noticing . I work in an air con office and have little physical work to do usually but am quite a fit person . I hate taking tablets but am trying to keep with it. HELP

This is my third attempt at getting back on Fluoxetine. After taking a break for a year I decided I needed it again a few months ago but I keep stopping due to the side effects- bad headaches that last for days, nausea and disturbed dreams. Plus hardly anyone knows I'm on them so people keep remarking on how ill I always am I'm really going to persevere though, I know the side effects will wear off and I do need anti depressants. Good to read other people have had similar problems and got through it

Hi all. First ever post on anything like this .Been on 20mg of Fluoxetine for 3 weeks exactly and just want to give some details of what I have experienced to date.Take the pill first thing in the morning after I force down some breakfast and continue to feel rubbish until late afternoon when things do improve.My appetite returns in a fashion at around 6pm and from then until bedtime (about11pm) I feel not bad at all.Also try to get out walking in the evening which does no harm. Sleep pattern has altered quite a bit. Wake up about 2am feeling great ,wake again at 5am and so so but by 7am bang the clouds are back and the day starts all over again.
    On the up side I decided to stop drinking alcohol and coffee and have not missed either.
    It has been good reading other peoples posts and it has given me the encouragement to give the medication time to work.With the help of my wife and family I know I will get through this bad spell .Stick in everyone.....there is a good day coming!

I persevered with the fluox this time and I'm happy to say I'm still taking them. I've had a niggly headache today & yesterday but on the whole side effects don't seem too bad this time. Fingers crossed! Not sure whether I feel happier yet but it has only been 3 weeks. Deffo recommend sticking with them if you can because the side effects will wear off and it might change your life

Quote Originally Posted by Margie1 View Post
    Hi Im new here and going through years of terrible panic and anxiety, my doctor recommended fluoxetine and I had awful side effects with it so I stopped. They had terrible effects on my eyes and gave me mydriasis which is one pupil going a lot larger than the other, it sent me into a complete world of panic I ended up having a brain scan which thankfully was normal but Im so frightened to go back on them, I have a heart condition and my Gp says they are the safest ones for me so Im wondering if anyone else experienced any change in their eyes whilst taking the flouxetine, any pharmasist Ive asked have never heard of them effecting the eyes which is making them even more difficult to take. I really need to be on something as the anxiety and depression is escalating to a much higher level which I didnt even think was possible. Please Help!
    Hi,

I am new to this site but I have just been given Fluoxetine and I have got to say I was thinking of coming off them. Its mainly the nausea thats bothering me but they are making my eyes feel weird. My eyes feel heavy and they are making me feel dizzy. I have been given them for the symptoms of the menopause, hot flushes, but if these symptoms dont subside soon I will quit.

Hi Redfox 77, so sorry to hear about your parents!

Yeah it is natural to feel some side effects when you go up in dosage, but they don't last and nowhere near original ones,

Love and prayers,

Stephen

Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information