Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ectopics on walking and climbing the stairs

Ectopics on walking and climbing the stairs

I need to know does any one on this forum suffer with a bout of ectopics after they have climbed the stairs or when you are walking! This is what is driving my life into pure misery and fear!!! ... I have had panic disorder for 17 yrs now and on and off have had ectopics, but after a huge panic attack last yr whilst biking up a hill and my heart going crazy with an eposode of the most awful beats (before that episode I was swimming and allsorts to get fir).... but now I am scared to do anything strenuous...My husband thinks it is the fear of doing someting that is causing them, I have to go everywhere on my bike as I am scared to walk ..... some days I am fine,, but before i go upstairs I have to prepare myself, so I am already getting myself in a tis before I set one foot on the stupid first step!!! But my main question is with these folk who have ectopics all day long like me...do you get them also on excercise or not! Thanks xx

Re: Ectopics on walking and climbing the stairs

Hi ya,

Yeah I get them lots when I do anything physical such as walking or climbing stairs. I had them when I was painting a wall the other day!

I think it is because when you do anything like climbing the stairs your heart has to work harder and you become more aware of your heartbeat also when you do anything physical your body releases a certain amount of adrenalin - which makes your heart beat faster and can miss beats.

My doc said that a lot of sports men and women get ectopics but they probably don't notice them as they are so fit and are not aware of their heartbeat like us anxious people are!

Hope this helps you

Vicki x

im so glad you posted this. Every night when I put my little girl to bed my heart starts going so fast when i walk up the stairs. then I start to panic. I should really do more exercise to get my self fit thanks for post x
    Last edited by leeann; 11-11-08 at 19:28.

when i excercise it as if my heart is beating irregular but when i take my pulse in my neck ( whilst riding my bike...how sad am I ) it is missing beats and doing shallow ones and harder ones shallow ....hard, which makes it feel irregular, but i get so het up about walking that when i do i get a tightness in my chest and heavyness,... But on some days I am ok...I just want this to end and get my life back ...to make it worse I dont go to the doctors due to a doctor/hospital phobia...plus the agrophobia...so i feel like so trapped sometimes....

Hi Rach, havent you posted about this before, about the ectopics and going upstairs and exercise I mean? Or am i getting you mixed up with someone else..apologies if i am xxx

Hi Cathy no I havn't ever started it as a new thread....but you may have read it in one of my posts..... why hun? .....

The reason I asked you this, was that i was about to reply to your new thread about ectopics and thought it sounded familiar, so i revived 2 or 3 of your past threads about ectopics when going upstairs and exercising, coz i thought i remembered replying to them in the past. No need for me to reply with the same advice again, but just to say that im sorry you are still bothered by them.

Take care
    cathy xxx

Sorry to have offended you ...but i see alot of people on here repepating them selves i can only say for myself that this is def part to do with anxiety symptoms and reassurance.... if you feel you have answered me already then please dont let me feel gulity for putting it again! just ignore my posts..... it's a good job you dont live with me hun....i ask my hubby the same stuff every day for reassurance!

No I wasnt offended Rach, and wasnt my intention to make you feel guilty, and yes you're right, instead of pointing it out to you i should have ignored it. I will in future.

Take care
    Cathy xxx

Thank you... i would appreiciate that hun,otherwise what's the point in coming here for me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information