Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help! Citalopram effects

Help! Citalopram effects

Hi

I am on day 8 of this medication and feel that i have went through hell. I have not been able to leave the house because i am so anxious. I keep having strange feels of not being here and spaced out. Also hot rushes through me body. I ifeel strage and awful low worse than when i started. Donk know to stick with it or what to do. I feel like i am not on the planet and its playing havok with my thoughts. help advice please im never gonna feel normal again.

Re: Help! Citalopram effects

What dosage are you on, may I ask? Sometimes it helps to star off an a lower dose (10mg) and after a couple of weeks move up to the required dose as I think everyone will agree Citalopram is a bit of a shock to the system!
    Of course, always consult your doctor before you start messing around with dosage, as it could be a bit dodgy.
    All the best
    Alicia
    X

Hi Cheeky

Sorry to hear you are feeling really awful.

I am on day 16 of citalopram 20mg and if it helps you at all, for the first 9/10 days I felt just like you. I felt anxious all the time, I couldnt eat, I was nauseaus, I felt spaced out, I couldnt sleep, I had really bad hot and cold rushes through my body, the shakes and generally really really low and sad.

For the last week I have been feeling completely different. I have come back to work and am functioning normally. My sleep pattern is still up the wall, finding it hard some nights to sleep or waking up alot throughout the night and I had my first hot/cold rush for over a week on sunday night but I dont panic as I know it is part of the meds and that I am through the worst of it. Nothing will be as bad as that first week/10 days and the anxiety is a distant memory.

From speaking to other people on here I know that some days I will have blips on these meds and its not all plain sailing but I felt like I would never be normal again either and now I am so pleased I stuck to it.

I hope this helps. If you ever wanna chat, you can email or PM me.

Loolabubble

x

Hi just to let you know what you are feeling with the citalopram is completley normal. I walked around the first too weeks like a complete zombie! Your body is just getting used to the mediction so please get plenty of rest, don't do anything too strenuous and understand that in a few days to a week or 2 you will feel the fog that has overpowered you, begin to lift and let the sunshine in, keep the faith, remember nothing is ever given or put upon us that we cannot handle xx

thanks guys, the dosage im on is 10mg. im worried incase the doc ups to 20mg as if i feel like a zombie now what wud that do to me!!

Hi I have been on 10mgs for 4 weeks now the first week was hell but in the second week I noticed slow changes. I am managing quite well still on 10mgs but everyone is different so don't worry if your not ready then the doctor wont up them. Everyones different, some people are fine on 10mgs some need more.

I have been on 60mg for ages, the side effects subside slowly.

Hi there I started on 20mg and wow was that a shock I was a complete mess, I have just been put up to 40mg and it has given me side effects again not as bad though alough my OCD does seem a lot worse. The doctor says all ok and will even out in time. I feel for you I hope we both see sunshine soon

Just back from the docs he wants me to stay at 10mg for the time being. i hope things improve. does anyone know how long these take to work? roughly to see any decent changes?

It does take a while. I had some side effects on 20 mg but they were no worse than the PA's themselves. Side effects then subsided. You do have to give it some time. Remember as well Citalopram mask the symptoms but do not cure them. You also need to start examining the route of your PA/anxiety.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information