Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum

New to the forum

Hey everyone!
    Had to do a search on the web to see if i could find some 'coping statements' as i'm in the middle of a day long 'episode'. Hoping it ain't gonna last much longer! but sure we'll see.

Wonderful to have stumbled across this website, and meet fellow sufferers. I've been getting these panic attacks for about 7 years now, and it never gets any easier. The last one I had prior to the current episode, was maybe 2 years ago, so I've been overdue one. As I say, it doesn't get any easier - this time I am having the shakes, derealizations, pains, my vision is very weird (like everything is taking a while to get in focus, and if things move, I eyes take a time to follow them) and worst of all.... FEAR, the nightmarish fear of WHAT - IF! It's driving me crazy. Whilst reading the coping statements I found on the web, I felt grand. But then it all returns not long after.
    I took a few brandys and port last night and that really settled me for the night - but can't really do that everynight now can I?

I've only ever went to a docutor once about this in the last 7 years, but there was such a lack of knowledge about it. I have since changed doctors, and booked an appointment for next week. In the meantime.... I'm riding this one out.

Re: New to the forum

just wanted to say a warm welcome to the site..there is a lot of useful imformation on here and alot of very very nice people.....hope to see u in chat sometime...xx

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

Hi BaldyDude

Welcome to NMP. There is a brilliant book by Dr Claire Weekes called 'Self help for your nerves' published by Thorsons ISBN 978-0-7225-3155-6. This is available from the NMP Shop. I cannot recommend this enough as it really explains what is happening to us, and how we can recover. Her recordings can be downloaded free to your MP3 from the NMP Shop too. Glad that you have found us. You will find comfort and support here.
    Veronica

Hi there and welcome along to NMP

Pooh x
    I've crossed lines of words and wire, and both have cut me deep. I've been frozen out and I've been on fire, and the tears are mine to weep. But I can cry until I laugh, or laugh until I cry. So cut the deck right in half, I'll play from either side.

http://poohsworld-pooh.blogspot.com/

Hi baldy_dude,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

I can totally relate to the symptoms that you describe. Also what you say about doctors having a lack of knowledge about it. When I first went to the doctors with Panic & anxiety nearly 9 years ago I went to a few different doctors until I found one that really understood.

Best wishes

hiya baldydude you will prob start to find lots of info now youve found nmp, and get lots of help and support youve done well to deal with all of this aloneand with no help, so you have all the tools to recover, but we dont know how to relate differently to our attacks until we learn, there is much more help out there now, although it still doesnt always come from the gps tc

Thanks everyone! You guys are great. Some good news, this recent episode just evaporated as quick as it descended. At some point yesterday evening a switch just flicked and I just felt at ease. Truth is, I'm not 100% today, but I'm considerable better than I was this yesterday when i joined NMP. I'm getting smaller 'shots' of panic today, but thankfully nothing constant. So I'm hoping and praying each day will see more improvements.

Yeah, I pretty much have dealt with these panic attacks by myself, but thankfully I have very supportive parents and wife. At the end of the day, they can't take away the symptoms, they can only provide support. So for the most part I really do just deal with it all inside my own mind. Still haven't developed my magic bullet, but sometime during one of these episodes I'm gonna crack it - when I get an answer to how to deal with these I will share with you all (and then write a book)

I intend to keep on logging on this site and if I can provide any assistance to anyone then I promise I will do my best.

Thanks for such a warm welcome!

Hi baldy_dude

Welcome along to the site

Lisa
    xxx

glad your feeling better - having supportive family/friends does help, i think thats prob why i struggle so much - no excuse but it can make things harder take care

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information