Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Clompiramine help.

Clompiramine help.

Can anyone please advise me...I've been prescribed clomipramine 25mg a day and have taken them for 4 days. I feel awful again today (aching/shaking/not with it) and don't know whether these are going to work for me. I know it takes 2-3 weeks to get them into your body but I am having real trouble tolerating this..

is it worth sticking with them?????

thanks
    JB

Re: Clompiramine help.

hi,
    i had pretty much the same trouble with them.
    i took them for 4 days then stopped,then thought i best give em a real good shot,so another 4 days later i tried again,only to last 5 days.
    side effects were just no good for me,shaking was so visible,and headaches.
    my shrink was a bit dissapointed they didnt have desired effect as i think we are running out of ideas now.

i may give them another go in jan when im indoors more and not so busy with work-btw are you still on them or given up

pete

Quote Originally Posted by jb2112 View Post
    Can anyone please advise me...I've been prescribed clomipramine 25mg a day and have taken them for 4 days. I feel awful again today (aching/shaking/not with it) and don't know whether these are going to work for me. I know it takes 2-3 weeks to get them into your body but I am having real trouble tolerating this..

is it worth sticking with them?????

thanks
    JB
    I felt ill the first few days after starting clomipramine. It does pass, or it did for me.
    And fill it with devils and dust.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Hi all

I've been taking clomipramine 25mg in the evening for over a week and still feel anxious/low - should I increase/reduce/leave as it is??? It doesn't feel like its doing anything but making me tired...

thanks
    JB

25mg is a pretty low dose. I was up to 100mg at one point and I understand you can go up to 250mg.
    - Bruce Springsteen

sorry to go whingeing on but.....

I've been told to take 50mg by my Dr and last night I took it - today I feel very shaky/weak and like a jelly......is this normal? shall I keep taking the 50mg for a while? - i feel better in my 'head'...

thank you so much for any advice
    JB

All the older tricyclics have noticeable side-effects, especially when you start taking them. The side-effects are nothing to worry about if you feel better in your head. Many of the side-effects will pass after a few weeks.

In some cases people find the long-term side-effects are too much of an inconvenience and quit the medication, but they will not harm you.

I felt dizzy when I started clomipramine (though in quite a pleasant way ), and also had stomach pains for a few weeks.
    - Bruce Springsteen

Hi

After trying about 4 different newer ADs, which never helped at all, my Doc put me on Clomipramine. Best thing ever, I never thought I would almost be back to normal again!

They took about 6 weeks for side effects to stop, I was on 50mg. Felt like I had morning sickness all day, constipated, dry mouth, headaches, and boy, did my anxiety go through the roof. After about 2 months, I felt much better and positive. Then had a family bereavement, and rapidly went down hill. DOc increased dose to 100mg, and again, had the usual side effects again.

AT one point I thought i was a lost cause, and my Doc had said that I was very very ill (I had just had my baby), but Im almost living a normal life again, going out with friends, shopping, taking daughter to school, cooking, cleaning etc. I could not do any of these things before this med. I feel Ive almost got my life back!

I really would try to be patient and give them time.

Let me know how you get on - Liz xx

Hi

I'm up to 60mg of clomipramine and still feel awful but have only been on this dose for 2 days having started on 25mg. What's the therapeutic dosage does anyone know? I'm very low and feel like I've run out of willpower to keep going/increase the dosage etc..

J

I;m up to 75mg in one dose per night (for 7 days)and am feeling like death/nauseous/aching/remote...not sure if I should keep going with this - any advice pl guys?

JB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information