Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reassurance needed

Reassurance needed

Hi All.

I have just found this place and would appreciate some feedback.

I went to the Drs a couple of weeks ago with a variety of symptoms:
    1. Pain in my chest
    2. Pins and needs in my feet and hands
    3. Fatigue
    4. Dizziness
    5. Headaches
    6. Not being able to pop my ears

The Dr had a look at my ears and said that the right one was full of wax and that may be causing the dizziness and to go back at get the syringed (which I am doing next week)

She put the other symptoms down to a virus. I feel constantly spaced out from the tiredness and it is really begining to get me down and hamper my productivity.

I had an MRI scan 7 months ago after having constant headaches and feeling spaced out and everything came back normal. The onset of the diziness and the pins and needles has worried me and has led me (thanks to Google) to jump to unreasonable conclusions (i.e. Brain tumour)

In other areas of my life I am such a rational person but my health has always caused me anxiety. I get mad with myself because I know I am doing it but can't stop myself, and like many people on here, trawl internet sites looking for first case scenarios?

My questions are these:
    Given my symptoms what would you do?
    How do you cope with health anxiety? No matter what I try I revert back to my old habits.

Thanks for your help!

Re: Reassurance needed

Sorry I couldn't control my anxiety habits so I went back onto my paroxetine medication.

You could try cbt or talk therapy with a psychiatrist, i promis they will understand what's going on and how to treat it.

hey musicman. Great thread, i get the exact same symptoms as you to a tea, i am having constant headaches now, and they are realy worrying me. The other symptoms are there aswel. how long did you have to wait for your MRI?how were ur headaches?did you ever have shooting pains?i dont mean this in a nasty way but its nice to talk to someone with the same symptoms.

Hi I had been having headaches, feeling like I was out of it for about a month or so before I went to the Dr.s last December. I used to describe it like it was the onset of a migraine without the actual headache. It took until march to have the MRI (after waiting times and consultation with the neurologist). I would not say my headaches are constant, they come and go and I would get twinges but wouldn't describe them as shooting pains. What is worry me at present is that I am now getting a dizziness and the tingling in my arms and legs which I did not have before.

Hope this helps

It would be great to know if anyone else has/had the same symptoms. What did GPs say etc?

Mine started as on and off through the day but now im living with them. I got a appointment with GP week today and will mention this to her. i get the weakness and feeling tierd all the time as well. I also get the twinges and spasms to, they scare the hell out of me.

The problem is the more we think about it, the worse it will get! It is a catch 22 situation. When you search for brain tumour or dizziness on here, every post has a similar response: anxiety, brain tumours are rare. Unfortunately, that doesn't mean that it isn't a brain tumour or anything serious. Personally, I get so mad at myself for being so anxious - but no matter how hard I try - I can't stop it happening. For me, and Aaron I am sure these symptoms are very real.

Hi Musicman and everyone,

I understand exactly where you're coming from

Having a brain tumour is one of my greatest fears...it never goes away. I experience the same symptoms as you - dizziness, headaches, faintness, the lot. I've not had scans though, my GP said she wouldn't send me for one because 'it wouldn't be helpful'. GPs are so great! Hmph

I hope you overcome your anxiety beast in time.

Take care,

Anna. x
    "There. You've just said it. It got better."

I have just been to the optician and my eye pressure was normal and there was so sign of any cloudiness associated with brain tumours right? Still have the on-off headaches though! :( Do I go back to the GP?

Hi Musicman
    This time last year I was having a stressful time at work and was convinced I was going to have a Heart Attack or Stroke which added to my stressful situation. I had pins and needles in my hands and feet, me left arm felt numb, the left side of my face kept going numb - I felt spaced out and it was terrifying. I went to the doctors about a stiff neck I had he diagnosed common torticullis (?) when I asked about the numbness in my face and arm etc he said he didnt know what could cause it but its prob nothing. Good doctor huh?

After alot of reading on this website and knowing myself, I can put it all down to anxiety now, it makes perfect sense, as it all just went as things started to get better. I still have HA but not to that extent that I had those symptoms. At the time I was convinced I was going to peg it, and now I feel 100 times better. Just goes to show!

I still don't think I can talk to my doctor about HA, I just think Im gonna cope alone with the help of you guys on here. It helps reading alot of your posts!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information