Thread: Goodbye Citalopram!

Goodbye Citalopram!

Ok, so I went to the docs today, after taking 20mg for 2 months and my depression getting worse. Not the drug for me, apparently. Have been recommended to go cold turkey for 2 days before starting my new Fluoxetine 20mg, which I'm hoping will work.
    Just a message to say good luck Citalopram users!
    I'm worried that I'll go all funny as I've read you're not supposed to come completely off it, and I hate the fact that I'll have to wait another few weeks before the new ones start working! Argh. Oh well, at least I'm trying to get better.
    Good luck to all of you and thanks to your support (I'm going to the fluoxetine forum these days!)
    Alicia X

Re: Goodbye Citalopram!

hi birdcage

i think the fact that your going on to another med makes it ok to come off cold turkey for only 2 days - gives a chance to get the ssri out your system without mixing the 2 so you will be fine - good luck x

Hi just started citalopram after being on seroxat for over ten years. Doc said no withdrawls, ha not much! My blood pressure bottomed out last night and I was shaking the bed for an hour and a half and today I had a raging fever. Started back on the seroxat now and feel much better. So if the doc says one ssri and like another which mean no withdrawls when you stop the first one completely straight away, get a second opinion.

do you really have to stop one before taking the other? im needing a med change, but not sure how to go bout it, and i cant always trust the gp

Thread Information