Thread: Just a quick 'Hello'

Just a quick 'Hello'

Hi, My name is Jenny and I have visited this site a few times over the last months but just plucked up the courage to join!
    I have had anxiety and panic attacks over the last 18 months which has now turned into depression for which my GP prescribed Citalopram...which after 5 week is still not making a scrap of difference and I am tearing my hair out. I dream of feeling better!
    I am 53 and have never had anything like this in my life so it's good to know others are dealing with it ...at least I feel like I am not the only one.

Re: Just a quick 'Hello'

hi and welcome to the site

Hi MollyBunn,

to NMP. It's great that you've joined. There is so much information & help here.

Best wishes xx

I have had the same issues for about 10 years now. I am 31 years old. I have heard that major changes, such as menopause, a move, a death, change in jobs, etc. can trigger panic. I have been on Paxil and weaned off because of weight gain. I am now on zoloft (past 2 years) and am weaning off due to weight gain again. Weaning off a drug that effects chemicals in your brain is not an easy issue to deal with. I would recommend that you avoid drugs if at all possible.

Another solution would be a quick fix prescription drug that you only take when necessary. It helps you to calm down and get out of the fight or flight response very quickly. The only downfall is that they are very addictive and not to be used on a regular basis. I take mine about 2-3 times a month, but I try not to take it if I can avoid.

Good luck and let me know how you are doing.

Thanks for the welcome ..and the info. I have seen no benefit from medication yet....it literally feels like it isn't working..if anything I am worse than before. That said I was having a breathing issue which went quite quickly after I started the medication...but I am still low mood-wise...can't eat a thing have nausea and shoulder pain which makes me worry. There are odd moments when it goes..ie when my mood lifts...but it feels like a very long road ahead of me.

hi and welcome to nmp, im sure you will find lots of help here. hugs xxxxxxx

Hi and a big welcome to NMP its great to have you here, hope to see you in chat sometime,

Take care

Emma xxx

The Sticky Kitchen on facebook!

a warm welcome to no more panic

milly xx

Thread Information