As I'm not doing so well at the moment my doctor has decided to add amitriptaline to my meds.

I've currently been on a dose of 20mg per day of escitalapram for the past 18 months. He says that is the highest dose that he can give me. But due to not being able to relax/switch off at night he has given me a prescription for 10-20mg of amitriptaline to take each evening a couple of hours before I go to bed.

I have also been referred to a physcologist, cognitive behaviour therapy and two self help groups (share and Steps - whichever has a place first) to help with my low self esteem and recent self harming. My Pyschiatric nurse is coming to my home next week to teach me some relaxation techniques too.

I've been signed off work for the next two weeks, to have time to myself to try and deal with some of my problems that are making my anxiety and depression alot worse. (bills, house repossesion and an impending decree absolute for my divorce). I've also been advised to try and drink decaffinated coffee (which really doesn't taste so godd as I'm used to my espresso's) and to try to eat at least two meals per day. Currently I sometimes manage one if I can get the motivation to bother cooking.

I have a feeling I may become a regular on this site for a while as I feel I need some support from people who understand what I'm going through.