Thread: Shopping...

Shopping...

Just wondered what everyone else thinks about shopping?? I am fine when I go on my own and just go in what shops I want/when I want etc no problems...but when it comes to xmas or birthdays...shopping with family to choose presents...I get unstuck...can't always cope with it very much feel unsettled/hot/a little claustrophobic I guess and once out its all what about this, try on that..can be a big trial...dose of rescue remedy...i get there in the end and am pleased...today I managed to get some boots i loved with mum...but get the feeling they are a bit annoyed if im not all lively etc..xx

Re: Shopping...

Shopping for me is an escape from my anxiety. It helps me get my mind off of worrying. The only thing I hate is crowded stores when I'm having a claustrophobic moment. I do hate picking out gifts for everyone on a college student's budget...that can cause some unwanted stress.

Can't do it.
    Hate it.

Panic attacks started in 1992. 1998 i became agoraphobic which lead into being room bound. Couldn't even get upstairs. 2002 i started getting better, able to drive and work. 2005 i became house bound again. 2009 i have been making SLOW progress, still not able to go anywhere alone, but my journeys are getting longer. No where near 'normal' but at least i can go out.

I hate shopping firstly I am a man anyway, but it makes me hot and very stressed. I got trapped is a que in Asda on Saturday thought I was going to faint.

All these comments remind me why I do most of my shopping online these days. Partly because I am so busy and haven't got time to go to the shops. Some tips though if you do venture out. Always take a bottle of water with you. If you start to feel tired/hungry/ stressed/ need the loo stop immediately and find somewhere to rest. Take a list but be realistic about how much you can achieve. If you can shop early in the morning when most people are getting up. Make full use of shops late night openings. They often offer treats like mince pies and sherry. Best of luck. I'll still bed doing most of mine online.

Thread Information