Thread: Normal brain VS HA brain! Help!!

Normal brain VS HA brain! Help!!

In the last 30 mins I've managed to convince myself I have shingles. I've not Googled it (yet).
    In the last 3 weeks I've been having bouts of nausea and a bit of the runs. Also viral infection type symptoms (sore throat, headache, fever etc).
    On top of everything else I have had terrible neck pain for 3 weeks and today really bad backache.
    If I add all these symptoms together I can come up with loads of things to panic about!!
    Brain tumour, spinal tumour, meningitis and shingles to name a few.

If I listen to my normal brain then I can think about how I've been sleeping on an airbed for a month (terrible neighbours!) so my neck and back pains may be down to that and I also have IBS so the nausea and runs could be that as I've not been looking after myself and I've been eating rubbish lately.

I can tell myself it's stress. I know I'm stressed as I'm getting bad with handwashing/germs etc and I'm starting to not trust food that I haven't cooked myself but that niggling voice that I can't control is causing the panic to rise.

I'm getting weaker mentally. I'm fighting as hard as I can and using as many coping stratagies as I can think of but I'm sinking fast.

Any advice?

Re: Normal brain VS HA brain! Help!!

hi matey, cant help with this but wanterd to send u a hug and bump u back up the forum and hope someone will b able to help. xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Normal brain VS HA brain! Help!!

Well putting it simply - i know this is absolutely horrible - but if it were meningitis you would not be talking to us right now - so get that out of your brain! I think with shingles as well you would be too ill!

So automatically wipe those from your mind!

Then pay attention to the IBS - the back pain and the nausea and the diarrhoea....

I know its horrible (Ive seen 3 doctors in 7 days!) but you need to separate the symptoms.

The neck pain could also be because of stress and anxiety - just generally tensing up....

Try moving where you're sleeping... See if any of the symptoms go - if they do you can remove them from the list completely! I know its horrible but your mental and physical parts are closely linked. PM me if you want. Hope that was of some help... :-) xx Laura

Thread Information