Thread: Arghhhh

Arghhhh

I started taking Citalopram this week, and just knowing that I am doing something about my problems has made me feel a lot calmer.

A few minutes ago one of my friends (I live in halls of residence at university) came up and said the housekeeper for my halls was looking for me earlier and knocking on my door and asking people where I was. This has really stressed me out! I was fine before and just getting on with my work and now it's all I can think about. It's going to stress me out all night and now I can't concentrate or think about anything else. Have no idea why she was looking for me ... I feel really sick and freaked out now and I know I'm just been stupid

Re: Arghhhh

I'm pretty sure I haven't done anything wrong, I'm hardly ever in my room as I stay at my friends a lot.

It's either from where I reported some damp in my room yesterday in a little book and she came to have a look at it.. or it's because my room has only been cleaned twice in 2 months, as the cleaners never leave a note under my door telling me what day I need to pick up everything off the floor so they can clean, and when they do come I'm not in..so it never gets cleaned.]

Thanks for the reply

I know I'm being stupid but I feel so freaked out. I've gotta wait till tomorrow to find out what's up and even then sitting here tomorrow waiting to hear a knock on my door is going to drive me insane. I hate unexpected things. Every time my phone has gone off in the last hour it's made me jump so bad :S arghhh!!!! I know I'm just being stupid as well.

Hi, I started taking Citralopam a couple of weeks ago and felt a huge relief, just like you, that I've finally got some help.

Its probably not much help but I get totally freaked out by unexpected knocks on the door or phone calls. I go into a right panic! Even when I'm expecting someone the panic sets in, and bizarrely I feel like I'm doing something wrong and am going to get found out?!! Sounds like you worrying if you've done anything wrong, it must be one of the many things most of us have in common on here, being paranoid all the time.

Why don't you go and find the housekeeper first thing in the morning, that way you'll be in control and it won't be unexpected. Then you can maybe relax a bit for the rest of the day.

You're not being stupid though, to you, like most of us on here, your fears are very real and very frustrating.

Ahhh thanks so much for the reply. I spoke to one of the cleaners this morning who said she was with the housekeeper when she knocked on my door. They came to look at the damp in my room and wanted to talk to me about it, that's all! Ahh I feel a bit relieved but now got to wait for her to come back and it's making me feel all jumpy and weird!

I'm so glad you said you don't like unexpected knocks/phonecalls. I used to only have my phone on silent because I couldn't stand it going off and making me jump! Couldn't have an alarm clock, I'd get so worried about it going off that I'd naturally wake up a bit before it went off so I could turn it off!

I also hate opening presents - is it only me who hates this? All my friends/family think it's really strange but I really do hate it. Wonder if it's anxiety related? I'm assuming it is.

I only recently had the idea of anxiety put in to my head by my doctor so when I think back to all the random things I do in my life, everything is slowly making sense!

Thread Information