Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: employment

employment

hi i know it is probably the right thing to do but i dont know wether i ever want to get a job or training as things seem to go wrong when i do so was just wondering if i'm doing the right thing as i love being able to have money but still have the fear of been hurt again

plz advice if poss
    thanks leo05

You could start by doing some volunteering to get you prepared for going into a work place when you feel more ready

Volunteering ...

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

i use to volunteer till i got the job last year then i got hurt an have being considering it but am unsure

Leanne

I know you had a bad time before but that does not mean it will always be like that for you.

I am sure there is an excellent job out there with your name on it.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Leanne

We all suffer bad experiences but if we let that one that hurt us lead us in to the future we will never move forward or have the strength to try again.

Why not try again and put it down to a bad experience, and i am sure you will find something that suits you and also gives you that added confidence that you really need at the moment.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

hi just to let you all know i have applied for voluntary job working with sports and kids [8D]

(((((Leo05)))))

Why not look at it in a way that by losing a job isn't something that is a direct hit out at you. It isn't personal. It is just business. There are many people who are made redundant, sacked, cast aside on a daily basis for no fault of their own.

Where one door closes another door opens and you could be in a more positive position behind the new door!

I lost my job in February, I was on probation period as I had started the job at the begining of January. It was a job to die for, my career I had given up 12 years previously through having to go out to work rather than study was suddenly within my grasp again. I started working, gave up my job that was my side step into London after I re-located, and put all efforts into this job - being trained as a Spec writer in an Architectural Practice. Within 2 weeks I had gastro flu of the worst kind. I had 2 weeks off and my contract was terminated. Gastro flu was rife in the office, I was singled out. I had no leg to stand on and to be honest, it was a god send that it happened to me. I gave myself a week to find a new job and got out there through a few agencies and started to work again.... now, I work with a brilliant bunch of Architects in a practice doing a job that i can do with my hands tied behind my back, but I know that I can seek challenge in that job at anytime.

Sometimes we have to experience the bad to come through to the good. Its about learning lifes lessons.

Don't be afraid of being scared and looking for new challenge. You have the wonderful support of this site and it's people who can help guide you when the going gets tough!

Good Luck in your decision!

Love n' laughter

Esca xx

yeah but when you lose a job through someone raping you it kinda harder to get over

Im sorry, I am new to this site and didn't know the full history. Humble apologies if I've bumbled.

I was raped, by my g/f. as hard as it is to live life normally.... I promised myself that no matter what she would live with me forever... I would work hard to overcome what had happened and make sure I was released from the burden of this disgusting act.

There is no going back but forward hun, slowly and surely. You can let them take your past, your today but don't let them take away you're future or you're forever...

Glad to hear that you have signed up Leanne. Hope it goes well for you!!

"Life is too important to take seriously" Corky Siegal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information