Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Another crisis

A BIG WELL DONE to you Karen[Yeah!]

You had a 4 hour drive each way and that was a long day for anyone.

We had a fab day and thanks for keeping me company with the bag holding duties for some of the rides - like Nemesis :( At least you went on some - more than I did. I am not sure the water kart thing counts even though I was still worried about going on it!! But I did that anyway[Yeah!]

You did fab to go and we were all proud of you and it was lovely to meet you again

I think you deserve a big cheer for even getting there cos it was a long way for you.

Well done!

xxx

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi everyone

Thank you for all your kind messages and support. I had a fab time today at Alton Towers and I am so glad I made the decision to go. Not only was it great to meet up with friends from this site, but it was also good for my confidence to do that long drive on my own. That is something I wouldn't have dreamed of doing a year ago.

Charlie - It was really great to meet you too and I hope to come to other meet ups if these happen. I think you drew the short straw when it came to seating place on the log flume! I remember getting drenched when I went on the one a Thorpe Park a few years ago and so decided to give it a miss today. Hope you are all dried out now.

It was also good meeting Jules and Alex for the first time.

Nic - Of course the water kart counts! You went on it even though you said you weren't going to go on anything. Give yourself credit for it. Anyway, looking after the bags was an important job! It was really nice meeting up with you and Meg again, and I had such a good time that the 4 hour journey each way was worth it. It took me slightly longer getting home due to traffic.

I avoided the really scary rides, but went on some of the others which I enjoyed. Have come home covered in bruises though, including one massive one on my back from the Runaway Train I think!

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">

I avoided the really scary rides

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

<div align="right">Originally posted by Karen - 17 June 2005 : 22:52:13</div id="right">
    </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    Karen

How can you say that ?? You went on the 'run away train' That was a fantastic coaster. I am still dreaming of that last 4g bend

You did fantastically WELL to get on it

Alex (P.S Ignore the Nic bit below it's Alex posting)

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Alex

<b id="quote">quote:</b id="quote"><table border="0" id="quote"><tr id="quote"><td class="quote" id="quote">How can you say that ?? You went on the 'run away train' That was a fantastic coaster. I am still dreaming of that last 4g bend </td id="quote"></tr id="quote"></table id="quote">
    True! I've got the bruises to prove I went on it!

Karen

Karen, I am so glad you managed to have a day at Alton towers its got to have done you the world of good, well done on all you have achieved today, you should be so proud, take care. love Alexis,x

Thanks Alexis.

Karen

Hi Karen,

So pleased that you made it out and had such a fab time...and well done for making it that distance!! So happy for you!

Really wish I could have been there to meet you guys, but I think it may have been a little expensive to fly over for the day

xxxLisa

Ah WELL DONE Karen! You Go Girl! That's ACE! Glad you had a good time.

Take care,

Love PIP'S X X

Thanks Lisa and Pips.

I finally gave in and took a sleeping tablet this morning as I still couldn't sleep and then slept for 6 hours which is a record for me lately.

I do still feel tired and ache all over but then it's only to be expected following so much activity after weeks of hardly doing anything. It is definitely worth it.

Am now missing K today.

Think I'm going to sit in the sun in the garden and take it easy.

Karen

**but it was also good for my confidence to do that long drive on my own**

You did fantastically well and I sure hope it did your confidence good on about 4-5 aspects - not just the drive.

Two things particularly I was so very, very impressed with.

Well done Karen.

Page 3 of 45 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread Information