Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread: Another crisis

Thanks Ray. I'm really not that brave though and need to plan to deliver the letter at a time when I know I am going to be able to avoid him afterwards.

I don't feel up to dealing with his reaction, which will either be to get very angry and attempt to bully me into doing what he wants, or to lay on the emotional blackmail and make me feel guilty.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Planning to avoid him after the receipt of the latter may be a good idea, as long as that day is fairly soon. Perhaps the Alton Towers weekend, if you are going up there?

Why not at least write the letter and put it in an envelope ready to slip in his door - maybe that will ease some anger out.

Take Care,

Ray

Don't wait around for other people to be happy for you. Any happiness you get you've got to make yourself.--Alice Walker

Hi Ray

Thanks for your suggestions. I have already written the letter - not in an angry way I have to say. I'm trying to avoid anger and blame because that doesn't help anyone.

I'm not sure I can wait until the Alton Towers weekend though because he expects me to go to see his solicitor with him sometime in early September and will then be expecting a decision.

Also, I spoke to one of my brothers yesterday who is very much on Dad's side and doesn't see why I have a problem in agreeing to lie for Dad. He told me I should be loyal to Dad and that he thinks Dad won't want anything to do with me if I don't go along with this plan.

I feel like I can't win no matter what I do.

Karen

It is not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it is not possible to find it elsewhere.

Hi Karen,

You need to stay tru to yourself - there is no right or wrong answer on this one - you need to do what you fel is right and not let your self be influenced or blackmailed by anyone, as hard as it may be.

There is no point going along with it to please everyone else, when ultimatly it will be you who you are not pleasing!

I think that writing the letter is a brilliant idea.

Tatty B xx

Dad is hassling me still. I haven't sent that letter yet but I know I need to. I just know he is not going to take it well and I can't cope with him turning up here having a go at me.

He phoned early this morning but I ignored the phone again. So he left me a message and said "Both your brothers and I want to talk to you on the phone rather than just receiving the occasional text message. So text and let me know when I can ring you."

I don't want to talk to him. All I want is for him to leave me alone. Why won't he leave me alone. I can't cope with this on top of everything else.

Karen

Page 45 of 45 FirstFirst ... 35434445

Thread Information