Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Bach Rescue remedy Experience

Thanks meg. I've done a search and can't find any details on the Nelsons remedy. I guess mineral alcohol is still alcohol though and I can't have anything alcoholic, not even a drop. The only rescue remedy I've seen in the health shops have been brandy based. Maybe I'll look into this further.

I thought it was the alcohol, too, that made me just totally chill out yesterday. I have some aspen, too.

Is anyone on antidepressants and also using these? Is it ok? I asked that in the medication board, too.. but didn't get a reply from anyone who is doing both.

Judi

Judi L.

Yes you can take rescue remedy with Ad;s.

If you think that you only put 2-4 drops on your tongue the amount of alcohol is neglible.

Meg
    www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

I have tryed Bachs Rescue Remedy,im a musician and a vocal coach friend of mine was recommending it to all her pupils for pre-performance jitters but i didnt realise the alcohol content and im a recovering alcoholic,the content may seem negligible but even a small amount could trigger a major craving in a vunerable person,so i have had to knock that on the head.

Tony d

Tony

If you dilute it in water you can hardly taste it. The spray is more concentrated.

We have 14 year olds on it so I don't think the alcohol is anything to worry about. Maybe it is your subconcious telling you that it has alcohol so you automatically worry. Just a thought.

Nicola

"Nearly all happiness comes into our lives through doors we don't even remember leaving open"

Hi Nicola
    I appreciate you think it wouldnt really matter as you say you know of 14 yr olds on it but the physiological response in an alcoholic to alcohol is different from a normal person.
    An alcoholic will metabolize it differently producing a substance in the brain called THIQ,this substance is never produced in the brain of a normal person and once in the brain it stays for ever and can create cravings as more is accumulated in the brain,it also explains the phenomenon of someone staying sober for many years who starts drinking again and very quickly becoming dependent again as the THIQ is ready and waiting to kick start it all off again.
    THIQ is a fascinating substance,it was artificially created during the Second World War as a painkiller as its molecular structure is closely related to morphine but many times more addictive so they couldnt use it.
    You were quite right to point out that my subconcious may have been telling me one thing as i do worry about health in particular,i dont get a headache it has to be a brain tumor lol but in this case and from everything they tell me at AA its better to be safe than sorry.

Tony d

hi, i have this! its brilliant. i have had few remedy bottle made up which helped few fears. im buying my own soon to make myself x

fibrochat) http://apriltones.proboards54.com

Have you also heard of Australian Bush Flower remedies? they are similiar to bach Flower remedies & also very good;
    thier website is:
    http://www.ausflowers.com.au/

ou can buy the single remedies at larger health shops.
    With Luv

Have you also heard of Australian Bush Flower remedies? they are similiar to bach Flower remedies & also very good;
    thier website is:
    http://www.ausflowers.com.au/

ou can buy the single remedies at larger health shops.
    With Luv

Hi, I am Yinunit and I have been a Bach Flower Practitioner for many years (lets count - 16 years)

I just wanted to make a few important points which I am hoping will be helpful to people:

1. Tony B is absolutely correct - recovering alcoholics should not take the remedies as preserved in alcohol - no debate needed!

The Bach Flower Centre may have more advice on this.

2. There is no doubt that the remedies work but only if you select the correct remedy - the one you need. If you select one that you dont need no harm will be done - it just wont do anything.

3. The remedies do not work in the same way as conventional drugs ie CNS so one cannot build up a tolerance and there is absolutely no point in taking big doses. Frequency is the key - 4 plus times a day, hold on your tongue and think about what you want it to help.

4. The remedies work down through the layers and therefore one can feel worse initially. For example, if you felt depressed and decided to take Mustard you may say to me "my depression has lifted but I feel very anxious" and a few days later you may say "My anxiety has gone but I now feel very fearful" etc... If you had come to me in the first place and said that you felt depressed I would have asked you "Do you know Why?" You may have said "Because I have this anxiety deep down" and I may say "Do you know why?" and you may say "Because I have a fear" Better then to choose the remedy for fear in the first place!

It takes time to get to know the remedies and the best book in my opinion is Metchild Schaeffer's Bach Flower Therapy Theort & Practice

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information