Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paul McKenna MP3

Paul McKenna MP3

Hi all,

Has anyone tried any of the MP3 downloads from the Paul McKenna site:

http://www.paulmckenna.com/default.aspx?pid=5

In particular I am wondering about the Agoraphobia MP3 and if anyone has tried it.

I have a couple of Paul McKenna books with the accompanying mind training CDs. Apparently you need to listen to them for a few weeks for them to work but at 30 minutes a time I get too agitated to listen for any length.

I was though watching a program the other night, no idea what it was called, which involved a guy who was having panic attacks on the tube. One of the therapists he talked to had a high success rate with anxiety patients using hypnotherapy to reprogram our subconcious thoughts- must like McKenna's mind programming does. I can see how this could work and how if our mind's reactions could be changed to situations we could benefit. I could also see why this would need to be tailored. Ultimately though I don't want to waste more money chasing something that is useless so if any one has tried it I would be interested to hear what they thought.

All the best

Nechtan

Re: Paul McKenna MP3

Nechtan

I have the couple of Paul McKenna books you mentioned with the cd's and they are good. I looked on his website a little while ago to see if there was anything for anxiety/depression but I couldn't see anything. I will look again via your link.

Paul McKenna's stage stuff is laughable to me and for this reason I always really under rated him. However, he is very very good. The stage stuff to me is very bad for Paul's image - I cannot see why he ever did those sort of things.

Paul's mind reprogramming techniques are excellent in theory but damned hard to put into practice. I think it's called NLP - neuro linguistic programming - all this where you are looking at a TV screen and you change the picture making it fade, making it smaller, making it more vivid etc etc. but I think if you were able to completely visualise what he tells you to - then you could have very good results.

Anyway just thought I'd share that with you. I think with any hynpnotherapy cd's you have to keep practising and practising. It can't do us any harm can it? Someone on this site introduced me to a wonderful hypnotherapist - David Landau - have a look on his website he is incredibly good and has a voice like warm velvet - nicer to lister to than Paul McKenna actually.

Take care.

Thanks for the reply.

I was never a fan of his stage shows either but found the series dealing with phobias very good which is why I ended up buying the books. I can relate to the visualisation you are talking about but I find myself losing interest in it very quickly. Especially the looking at your more confident self, stepping inside that person and repeating the process. But the CD I think could possibly work if you stick to it for a period because of the constant repeated messages to your subconcious.

I'll have a look at the David Landau site- thanks for the suggestion.

All the best

Nechtan

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonne View Post
    Paul McKenna's stage stuff is laughable to me and for this reason I always really under rated him. However, he is very very good.
    Yep me too!!

I actually really rate Paul Mckenna because last year I listened to his 'Change your life in 7 days' cd which got me from being agoraphobic to going to London for 3 days.

I've just downloaded the agoraphobia cd but havent needed to listen to it yet as I am doing fairly well with the babysteps approach just at the mo.

I am also listening to a cd I've made of my own voice repeatedly giving me positive affirmations on the subject of agoraphobia and that seems to be helping no end too!!

Piglet

Piglet

What agoraphobia cd?? By Paul McKenna? Can you direct me to it please. xx Thanks.

Nechtan yes I'm inclined to agree with you that if you keep listening repeatedly then the sub conscious has to be absorbing it.

Take care

There is a list of downloads here including one for agoraphobia.

Karen

Yvonne I've answered your pm but do ask Tetley if you can't find the thread - she was such a star guiding me to it when asked the same question as you.

Love Piglet

You must be more at ease with yourself than I am Piglet. If I had to listen to myself it would irritate the hell out of me.

I am really impressed to hear that the Paul McKenna CD helped you get to London for 3 days. I have that one and the one that came with "Instant Confidence". Both are almost identical. As I said in my previous posts I have never given a chance really for any length of time. How long did you use it for before it started helping?

BTW Please also let me know how you get on with the agroaphobia download. As I say I am skeptical about forking out more money for somethin I already have or doesn't work so if you give it the thumbs up I would certainly consider getting it myself.

All the best

Nechtan

Quote Originally Posted by Nechtan View Post
    You must be more at ease with yourself than I am Piglet. If I had to listen to myself it would irritate the hell out of me.
    Well I don't irritate myself hee hee but I did find my voice utterly ridiculous when I first listened to it and fell about on the floor laughing - which is nothing to what my youngest piglet did when she heard it (she had to help me do the first one technophobe that I am)!!!

I am really impressed to hear that the Paul McKenna CD helped you get to London for 3 days. I have that one and the one that came with "Instant Confidence". Both are almost identical.
    Yes I too have both and like you say they are nearly identical - the agoraphobia one (from the bit I listened to) is along the same lines but some of the wording is different and is more specific to agoraphobia than the other ones.

You can download it for free from a link on here on a thread like I was telling Yvonne - I think the person who posted the link is called Linda but I can't now quite remember. Perhaps you could put 'free downloads' im on the search box above - or ask Tetley if she remembers cos bless her she was the one that drew my attention to the correct thread in the first place. It then links to the members site and she gives the free link to download it. It was all very straightforward and I now have it downloaded onto a cd.

How long did you use it for before it started helping?
    I reckon it was a few weeks and then I realised I was doing more - it sort of crept up on me much like my own cd is doing too. I don't think any of these are quick fixes but improving your self confidence and self-esteem on any level is a brilliant way to start!!

Love Piglet

@tetley- Thanks for finding that. Its got some really good stuff on it so I've downloaded it all.

@Piglet- Cheers for that insight. I was just worried it would take months before seeing any kind of progress so I will start giving it a go. I can see how it would work but 30 minutes listening has me agitated so I'll just have to try to relax more.

Thanks all

Nechtan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information