Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Endoscopy

Endoscopy

Hello, I have got to have an endoscopy on 30 dec. This means I have to stop taking my meds about 15 dec. Been treated for H pylori thought I was better but no all my symptoms back with a vengence. Anyone got any ideas how to cope with symptoms which are bound to be worse when I cant take my omperparozle for two weeks. I am really worried now.

1) why has it not got better
    2) endoscopy scarey
    3) what will they find
    4) I am sure it is cancer and am scared
    5) Am worried I will be in pain all over xmas with no meds.

Any advice pleasexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Re: Endoscopy

What are your symptoms?? sorry jus trying to advise but not sure what problems u get i pressume its Acid reflux?! as ive took Esomeperozole(nexium) which ive had to take for Acid reflux actually burning my food pipe and causing the feeling of food not going down my throat properly.and i had a camera up my nose and into my throat..it ws nothing and just think as soon as its over your b giving the results.i knw its hard but dnt worry everythink will be fine.Best wishes C.xx

Quote Originally Posted by jannnne View Post
    Hello, I have got to have an endoscopy on 30 dec. This means I have to stop taking my meds about 15 dec. Been treated for H pylori thought I was better but no all my symptoms back with a vengence. Anyone got any ideas how to cope with symptoms which are bound to be worse when I cant take my omperparozle for two weeks. I am really worried now.

1) why has it not got better
    2) endoscopy scarey
    3) what will they find
    4) I am sure it is cancer and am scared
    5) Am worried I will be in pain all over xmas with no meds.

Any advice pleasexxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I had one a couple of years ago as they thought I had a hiatus hernia anyway it was over production of acid in the end. I should have realised as this seems to be a family trait.

I take Lansoprazole and they work, I have been taking them for about 4 years now.

If you get any pain over Christmas take bicarbonate of soda in water it neutralises the stomach acid. My mother lived on boiled eggs and cornflakes for years as she had a duodenal ulcer.

You'll be fine.

Hi yest its acid reflux so they tell me. Sore upper tummy by my breast bone. Cough, burning sensation all the time really, funny taste, fluttering feeling in my neck. It have tried loads of anit acids including nexium nothing gets rid of it completely just maybe make it just about bearable worried its just covering up the dreaded cancer.
    Last edited by jannnne; 24-11-08 at 17:00. Reason: missed bit out

Quote Originally Posted by jannnne View Post
    Hi yest its acid reflux so they tell me. Sore upper tummy by my breast bone. Cough, burning sensation all the time really, funny taste, fluttering feeling in my neck. It have tried loads of anit acids including nexium nothing gets rid of it completely just maybe make it just about bearable worried its just covering up the dreaded cancer.

Well don't think about cancer. If they thought there was the slightest chance you would have had your endoscopy before now. My mother lost stones in weight.

Try the bicarb it really does work. I was advised not to have milky drinks.

I am wondering why you have to stop taking the omeprazone before the test - have they explained why.

I have a hiatus hernia causing severe acid reflux and have taken the milder famotidine ( H2 inhibitor) for past 20 years and when I had endoscopy 3 yrsa go to check my gullet I didn't have to stop taking my famotidine. Don't thinkI could have anyway as just missing one gives me evil heartburn as you get rebound acid production thats why most people end up on these types of drugs for life!

The endoscopy was nothing - I was out for the count and remember zilch.

I had one last January but didnt have to stop taking my pantropozole

Just think after it is over, you will feel such massive relief!! Just keep thinking of that, I was meant to have one but the hospital never got back to me and my doctor now doesnt think I need one, which is obviously giving me some paranoid thoughts, so at least you will have it and be done with it.
    I can really appreciate how worried you are though and hope you let us know how it goes.
    x

You have to stop the omeprazole so they can see what happens when you dont take it...what its masking!

Thats what I am so worried about, what if its been masking something nasty since end of July, then I am bound to die. What about my children, I am so scared of death. I just keep crying, am so so worried. I almost don't want to know. I am worried about the endoscopy too. Spoke to my doc about the sedation and my worst fears confirmed they basically give you the date rape drug to make you woozy then hold you down and do the test, you just can't remember it afterwards. Great. I am desparate to google but know I will find no comfort there. I just want someone to tell me its just anxiety and will all be ok. Why won't it all just go away.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information