Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Endoscopy

Re: Endoscopy

Hi there - I had a gastroscopy in June and was very nervous about it. I have to say it was absolutely fine - I had sedation and throat spray and afterwards, I really couldn't believe how worried I had been over nothing! The sedation allowed me to have a hazy recollection and there was certainly nobody holding me down - the sedation is very calming and I just laid there and did as I was told! They only take 10-15 mins. You'll be fine! Also, Midazolam isn't the "date rape" drug and wears off really quickly - I felt back to normal as I left theatre.

Thank you skippy xxx

I had an endoscopy in March. I too was treated for H Pylori which I think it was initally caused my stomach problems. Anxity definately made things worse - I was worried about everything too. Then the scope was fine and I was told it was likely to be acid reflux made worse by anxiety.

And now I'm anxious again - the acid reflux is back! Good luck - try not to worry. (Famous last words from one worrier to another).

HI
    ive had an endoscopy for gastritis, not the most pleasant experience, you can have the mild sedative, which means you dont remember the experience, i just had the throat spray, which for most is okay. Saying that it was over quickly, my panic at that point was about choking so i was scared to death by the endoscopy, but it was short lived!!
    i take lansaprozole 15 mg which mostly keeps the acid under control, but does not do anything if im anxious or stressed, its terrible at that time

i have green tea, either that or peppermint tea seems to do the trick, a good dose of rennies or gaviscon keep it at bay along with meds at the worst points. you are describing my symptoms exactly by the way!!!

good luck you will be fine.

Thank you Jue and Ellie for making me feel better, I have found gaviscon along with omaperozle helps. I have been stressed worried about this, changed jobs, bought a horse for girls, and youngest has got a boney spur on her knee and needed an mri so I supose that is quite a lot to deal with at once. I will try to keep things under control. xxx

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information