Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Seen doctor - need reassurance - she didn't give it!

Re: Seen doctor - need reassurance - she didn't give it!

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_L View Post
    Hello all,
    Well the palps are still there everyday, ranging fro about 5-30 a day, hard thumps, sometimes painful. I went to the doctor about it yesterday evening as I am getting increasingly upset about having them - and now I am even more scared. She is referring me for a 24 hour monitor. When I asked if she sees a lot of people with them she said "sometimes.. not having them as often as you though" - great!! And said they would be looking for arrthmias, which can be fatal :'( - Also my blood pressure was high again (131/84) and this seems to be happening over the past few months - I am only 26 and never had high blood pressure before. I am on the pill so of course I am worried about that too.
    I woke up feeling sick this morning - I thought I would be reassured at the doctors but it has made me feel worse - the 24 holter isn't until 22 december and I don't know how I am going to get through the next month. I am supposed to be going skiing with my family and I usually love skiing but I don't want to go, I am so worried I will suffer a fatal arrythmia on the slopes.
    I just want to know what is wrong with me. She didn't even mention anxiety and it was clear (I thought) that I was anxious - so now I can't even believe it is that. Is having them everyday that often? I guess it is for normal people... I feel I can't live my life anymore..

Miss L

p.s. can I wear the holter monitor to work easily? I don't want to have to take a day off. What a sh*t christmas this will be
    Hi I just recently had the Holter monitor for 24 hrs. it was pretty easy to handle . I wore it for work..just put a loose top over it.
    I have had irregular beats for about 1 month now. They are scary but since I had my results from the HM I do feel a little easier. I also get them after eating which is very annoying...but they always pass.
    SInce I found this web site I have felt soo much better. Unless you have experienced these "crazy beats" I don't think you can really relate...hang in there.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_L View Post
    Hello all,
    Well the palps are still there everyday, ranging fro about 5-30 a day, hard thumps, sometimes painful. I went to the doctor about it yesterday evening as I am getting increasingly upset about having them - and now I am even more scared. She is referring me for a 24 hour monitor. When I asked if she sees a lot of people with them she said "sometimes.. not having them as often as you though" - great!! And said they would be looking for arrthmias, which can be fatal :'( - Also my blood pressure was high again (131/84) and this seems to be happening over the past few months - I am only 26 and never had high blood pressure before. I am on the pill so of course I am worried about that too.
    I woke up feeling sick this morning - I thought I would be reassured at the doctors but it has made me feel worse - the 24 holter isn't until 22 december and I don't know how I am going to get through the next month. I am supposed to be going skiing with my family and I usually love skiing but I don't want to go, I am so worried I will suffer a fatal arrythmia on the slopes.
    I just want to know what is wrong with me. She didn't even mention anxiety and it was clear (I thought) that I was anxious - so now I can't even believe it is that. Is having them everyday that often? I guess it is for normal people... I feel I can't live my life anymore..

Miss L

p.s. can I wear the holter monitor to work easily? I don't want to have to take a day off. What a sh*t christmas this will be
    Hi I just recently had the Holter monitor for 24 hrs. it was pretty easy to handle . I wore it for work..just put a loose top over it.
    I have had irregular beats for about 1 month now. They are scary but since I had my results from the HM I do feel a little easier. I also get them after eating which is very annoying...but they always pass.
    SInce I found this web site I have felt soo much better. Unless you have experienced these "crazy beats" I don't think you can really relate...hang in there.

My ectopics can come out of nowhere or sometimes they happen when I know I am stressed and anxious. They are so random. I have runs where it feels like my heart beat may never return to normal. So far, it always has though I also notice alcohol, especially wine, makes them worse. The other night I had a glass of wine and too much to eat and I paid with a whole lot of palpitations, and of course, an anxious, unenjoyable night. Just keep on going out and trying to enjoy yourself. I know how crippling these can be, but just look of how many of us have them, and here we are - still typing!
    Take care~

Hello! Thanks for your replies. I really hope I can wear the monitor to work yes, as I don't want to have to take a day off plus I want it to pick up stuff on a "normal" day.

I went away for the weekend and guess what - friday and sat I hardly had any - like felt about 1-2 each day! I was so happy, I guess I was relaxed and barely thought about them. The funny thing was I started thinking about them sunday lunchtime (was talking to my boyf about how I hadn't had them) and then I got them! About 3-4 over a couple of hours. But told myself not to stress and didn't get them all evening!

Maybe it is anxiety that makes them worse- shock horror! Anyway, just wanted to say for the moment I am feeling abit better - until the next bad day! (see, must stop this negative thinking...)

I guess I find it hard to understand how earlier in the week I had such bad days with about 30-40 palps and awful ones, to hardly anything?

Had 2 today. Praying for no more!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread Information