Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Seen doctor - need reassurance - she didn't give it!

Re: Seen doctor - need reassurance - she didn't give it!

Thanks Sarah - I just worry cos she only asked me a few questions - maybe she didn't know? Guess the only thing she could have done was send me for 24 monitor - as she said it is the only way to see what is going on when I have them.

I seem to get them after eating - just had my lunch at my desk and the old heart is ectopicing away!! I just find it so hard to cope at the moment :(

Can i just ask, does she know your history ? and also was you showing a lot of worry about your eptopics that she suggested the 24 monitor, or did she just suggest it because you have palps ?

She said 24hr monitor only way to see whats going on and esp as have so frequently :( - When I went to GP before he did ECG (resting) and blood work, and said hold fire on 24 hr monitor....

p.s. gave her brief history (every day now for 5 months - feel more stressed) but she didn't really dwell on that - I was her last appointment of the day and I think she wanted to leave! She also said if I have a run lasting a min or so to go straight to hospital! Great! Thanks - so reassured now... ;(

So was your ecg normal ? i think a lot of people on here have had there palps last and run for much longer than i minuite, im just wondering if she has picked up on how anxious you were, and if she is sending you for the 24 hr monitor for your reassurance more than any thing ?

Yes apparently it was normal - well I rang to get blood test results (and had ecg at same time) and they said no further action needed or something. Maybe she has... and I think I probably need this 24 hr monitor for peace of mind. Thanks Sarah - its helping to talk about things! Am at work and feel really on edge at the moment :(

When i told my doc i was having palpataions, that took me 10yrs to tell him by the way, im just terrified of docs. but when i told him he said it was my anxiety and explained it all to me, he said i dont think you need an ecg, but i want you to have one just for your reassurance. i was petrified, but so glad i did it. so when he got results he just said everything is fine as hed suspected and offered me counciling, he didnt want to investigate any further, and also my blood pressure at the time the doc took it, was 177/ 110, but he new its because i was having it taken by him, he asked me to monitor it for a week and give him the readings, they were between 120/80 to 139/89 about 5 times a day, he said its fine, he wasnt worried at all.

Thanks Sarah - good to hear your experiences. How often do you/did you get palpitations? I think I could cope if mine were a little less frequent!

I think if you want to have it for your reassurance, then you def should, good on ya girl ! but i also think you should work on the fact that you are going to have to believe in your results when they come back, and really try to start trying to stop worrying about them, apparently the worse thing you can do with ectopics, is to sit worrying about them , just becasue they will stay the more you worry, not because they will cause you any harm. It is very very rare that there is anything wrong just because you have palps, every body has them, they are just not aware of it because they are not anxious and focusing inwards, they still get them though, and who knows how many and how often !!

Yes I feel very sensitised to them - I told her that too...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread Information