Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Seen doctor - need reassurance - she didn't give it!

Re: Seen doctor - need reassurance - she didn't give it!

when i used to get them, they would last all day, they could be reallt intense and horrid, sometimes i could go a month without having them, but what brought them back was always me thinking oh ive not had them for ages, and sure enough they would be back. I think its the more you think of them the worse they are. Now if i get say one, i just say out loud, " do your worst because im not frightened anymore " then i would get i few thuds, then i would realise they had gone. proves to me how much my thinking played the biggest part in them

I want mine to go away for a month!

Well they will, when you have been reassured, have you read the claire weekes books ?

No.. does it talk about ectopics?

Yes she does, amongst other things, she is absolutely fantastic, there are a few free downloads on the nmp shop, they really really helped me so much, and the best book to buy is self help for your nerves. i think thats in the npm shop also. I t is very good, its put me on to the road to recovery, dont know what i would have done without her and i have read so many self help books and none have really helped like hers have. The downloads are really good

Ok - I will look into it - thanks! I am in a bad cycle and need to try and break it if these palps are actually benign!

They will be, im sure the ecg and blood tests would have picked up some thing if not.

Hi Miss L

I've been to Doctor today about my ectopics and have been feeling exactly the same as you. At the moment mine are bad after my evening meal and have been this way on and off for about 6 months. I don't understand why just in the evening and not the day. I have been so frightened and upset and had convinced myself my heart is just going to stop. My Doctor was reassuring and my blood pressure was higher than yours and she wasn't fazed by it. Said it was anxiety and she would re-check it in 6 months. My pulse and heart were ticking over nicely and she thought it may be hormonal so we are keeping a note of it. I have worn the 24 hr monitor in the past and it doesn't get in the way of anything - it showed my palpitations improved whilst shopping!! Mine showed regular ectopics but that there was nothing to worry about. I know my ectopics do come and go and have done for 10 years so I do try to reassure myself that my heart must be ok. Please try not to worry - easier said than done - but this site is very reassuring and although we wouldn't wish these on anyone it is good to know there are others out there feeling the same.

Take care.

Jodie x

Thanks Jodie - so you reckon I can wear the monitor into work? (i,e under clothes etc?) I don't really want to have to take a day off for it and would rather it was monitoring while I am doing "normal" activities. Also, how long till you got your results?

Thanks so much

Miss L

Hi

You should be able to wear the monitor to work. I wore mine under my clothes and still went about my normal day to day routine. Mine was a few years ago mind but I'm sure they're still the same if not improved. I think the results were with my GP within a week to ten days. It wasn't too long - although I know you're desperate for an answer - I was. I'm starting to worry now as mine have lately begun to start in the evening and I am trying to reassure myself. I've had them for years but sometimes they are so hard to cope with.

Take care and try not worry.

Love Jodie x

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information