Thread: Any Experience Of Parenting A Child Diagnosed With Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Any Experience Of Parenting A Child Diagnosed With Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Hello everyone,

My name is Kristin, a 30 years old mother of 2 boys. I am currently studying 3rd year undergraduate Psychology at the University of East London. As a 3rd year Psychology student, I am required to conduct my own research on a chosen topic.

For my project, I have chosen to look at personal experiences of parenting a child diagnosed with 'Post Traumatic Stress Disorder'.

The reason for choosing this topic is because there seems to be very little investigations on how the experience of parenting a child with this condition influences the parent's life as a whole.

If you, or anyone you know (friends, family etc.), is the parent of a child diagnosed with PTSD and willing to share this experience with me, please contact me.

Although this project might not benefit you directly, I do hope it will be beneficial to other members of society.

I will be very grateful for the experiences you are willing to share.

Many thanks

Kristin

Re: Any Experience Of Parenting A Child Diagnosed With Post Traumatic Stress Disorder?

Hi Kristin,

I can't help you with this im afraid, but wish you luck for your course

Thread Information