Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Head Noises

Head Noises

Hi all

Just thought that I would mention another symptom of mine that worries me!! I hear a funny crackling sensation in my head sometimes when i move it..Obviously I visited my GP regarding this and was advised the noises were due to muscle tension and that I should get some regular massages to release the tension. I do have very sore neck muscles , particularly on the right side of my head which causes a lot of headaches and possibly my migraines too. She refered me for some physiotherapy but that was weeks ago. I am also going for a MRI scan too just too rule everything out due to my migraines. Anyway does anyone else experience these noises in their head?

sadie

I get sounds of crunching on gravel in my neck when I rotate it if I'm tired or fretting over anything !!
    Does that count ?!

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

oohhh Meg, I get that too!!!!

Kate x

yep thats what I get too..and when i do get a massage it feels a lot better. It does worry you know when you hear these noises and then you get a sore head! Well at least I'm not the only one.

sadie

HI SADIE,

you did well,at the cinema today.

i have this problem as well,but mine is at the base of the neck,yes,its due to tension,and massage will relieve it,i was also told to roll my head,first one way,then the other,and that helps.

so sadie,you know wot to buy hubby for xmas..a massage video.

best wishes..bryan.

A good massage does wonders.

Try to find an at home masseuse rather than a shop one, they generally spend longer with you and tailor the massage to your needs rather than following the standard routine.

They are usually lovely people with a wealth of knowledge who can help you too.

Meg

Watch your thoughts, they become your words...
    Watch your words, they become your actions... Watch your actions, they become your habits... Watch your habits, they become your character... Watch your character, it becomes your destiny...

Heh Bryan

Hubby does try to give me a head and neck massage but he loses interest quickly and its not his forte..hes much better in the kitchen, a bit like yourself!!

If only we were able to give ourselves a massage, that would be great!

sadie

Hi Sadie
    I too have this problems, my neck and shoulders are very stiff and achy. I get headaches because of it. Its been like this for ages and its like that every single day. I've seen a physiotherapist some time ago but it didn't help much. The best thing would be to see a chiropractor 'cause these problems in the neck and shoulders could be due to trapped nerves.
    I used to see a chiropractor down Jersey more than 2 years ago. £ 40 a session but really worth it!
    I can't wait to see another one soon to get my neck sorted.
    Florence.

Hi Florence

How you doin? One of my friends sees a chiropractor for her migraines and she swears by them. She gets her back strapped after every visit which aims to keep her posture in line and she gets neck exercises to do. I have tried them also which are good but can be quite painful. I think I may look into this as my hubbie has some kind of health care plan through his work..its not private health care but something similar which may help with the cost. Hope your feeling ok.

sadie

Hi Sadie
    I really appreciate your concern, I am glad that you get some health care facilities. I've just suscribed to BUPA , I am waiting for a reply now.
    Hope you're feeling o.k too.
    Florence.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information