View Poll Results: How do you feel about Claire Weekes ??

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fantastic, would recommend to everyone

69 60.00%
  • Was just ok

12 10.43%
  • Didnt help at all

6 5.22%
  • Dont know who she is

28 24.35%
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Claire Weekes ???

Re: Claire Weekes ???

Hello All

I have just recieved 1 of them in thepost today so will let you know what they are like.

Sharona

Hiya Sarah
    I have found Claire Week's book to be helpful and reassuring as well as this website. I was recommended it from a next door neighbour. She gives you examples of how people dealt with certain situations and the different symptoms that you can expect to have whilst dealing with anxiety.
    I am in the middle of reading her book second time round and am in the process of accepting the symptoms
    Cath

Hello Missy

I absolutley LOVE Claire Weekes. I read her books over 10 years ago and they pulled me back from a complete breakdown. I had no idea what was happening to me or what was wrong. I got one of her books from a self help group and then bought the whole set and all the cassette tapes. I also had sticky notes all over them and whenever I'm feeling really rotten I read them again. She was a wonderful person who suffered herself from an overload of stress so she knew what she was talking about. I wish she was still alive so I could give her a hug and say thank you! I have lent them out so many times and they have helped everyone I've lent them to without exception.

Love Fran

lol Fran,
    great to hear you think so highly of Claire weekes, me too !!!!!!

Great story too x

i have read all her books over the years..and since my relapse im reading them again..what is the linden method..

yes I wish she was still alive as i would love to thank her so much as well. Im surprised that no other dr has maybe followed on from her and continued her work.

Quote Originally Posted by artyemma View Post
    yes I wish she was still alive as i would love to thank her so much as well. Im surprised that no other dr has maybe followed on from her and continued her work.
    I think her work is used as the basis for alot of things without her getting the credit for it. Any self help book you read you can usually somewhere see Claire Weekes' original theories coming through.

All the best

Nechtan

Hi

I have started to read her book, it is brilliant. She explains things in our words. She deserves a medal.

Sharon xxx

Hi there - Her explanation of a "nervous breakdown" is really good - I could really relate to everything she said. However, the book I read was written a really long time ago, before the real drawbacks of benzodiazepine sedation were realised. She does touch on addiction, but talks of "continuous sedation" and I don't think this would really be recommended in the present day! Her coping mechanisms are excellent and really easy to understand. 9/10!!

Agreed Skippy. There are things in her books which have aged and really should be updated now for future releases, even with notes, so as not to cause confusion. It was a few months after I read one of her books that I found out it was so old so that should be made apparent in the text.

The basics of what she said though are still true today. No-one has actually come up with anything different and instead there are some people making a lot of money off of rewording her work.

The first and the best.

Nechtan

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information